cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gil
New Member - Level 1

Cancelled hotel reservation in Concur, but I got the charge anyway.

Hi, 

I cancelled a hotel reservation in Concur days in advanced, but at the end of the month the charge was on my credit card / expense report. I did call the hotel and they told me there is not a record of my reservation or stay with them. They recommended me to contact my travel reservation provider to address the issue. How can I contact a Concur desk agent? Any help to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gil your travel reservation provider would be your company's travel agency. Concur Travel is the tool to make your travel selections, but the travel agency does the actual fulfillment of those selections. Just a little helpful tip. 🙂

I'm looking in your SAP Concur account and I don't see any outstanding Hotel/Room Rate expense. Did you get this issue cleared up?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

Look at your reservation and check if it was a non-refundable booking that was pre-paid.  Usually these are charged on the morning of your check-in.  While you may have cancelled the hotel booking, if the rate was non-refundable and to a 3rd party in your travel booking tool, there is no refund and you have to pay despite not staying there.  You would have to select a "pay at hotel" reservation for the hotel to be the vender of record and have the ability to refund the charge.  It is important that travelers look at the type of reservation they are making before they accept the booking since you will be responsible for the charge if you miss the cancellation period or select a non-refundable/non-cancellable reservation.

Nancy Murray
Agfa