cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atiqahali
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can't Claim Expenses due to Exception

How do i change end date of my travel date before claim?

i cant submit my claim due to this exception.

atiqahali_0-1622687148313.png

Thanks

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atiqahali all you need to do is open the expense claim, then click on the Details link you will see above all the expense line items. One of the options from the Details menu will be Report Header or Claim Header. Click on this. It will open up the Claim Header and you will be able to see all the fields of the Header. You should be able to change the Start and End Date fields. Once you do, click Save. That should do it for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @atiqahali 

this is a specific set up done within your company which added a stop audit rule for expenses dated outside the range you probably entered while creating the expense report. In your case I would open the report  by either:

• Click Report Details > Report Header.

- or -

• Click the report name on the report.
  • Review or change the information as appropriate.

If you are happy with the information you already entered, go again to the expense report, open also all itemizations you might have.

Based on your screenshot you should be able to have only expenses within the specific date ranges you selected previously on the Report header apart for Airfare and Travel booking fees which are no part of your company rules. If even at that stage, you don't see any of expense lines items out of those range, in your case I would contact your Company Administrators because means the audit rules is not working properly... otherwise while you see the mistake on your expense report, you will correct it and save it. This should remove the stop you were having. Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
atiqahali

Hi Munari,

Thanks for your response.

Based on travel request, my plan start date and end date is 22.1.2021 and 5.2.2021.

But the trip extended till 10.1.2021 due to weather constraint which affected my work completion at offshore field.

I have written approval from my superior to extend the trip.

Thus, how do I submit the expenses report to include expenses outside the planned date?

Do I create new expenses report? or is there any way you can open the start and end date at travel request report and allow me to make changes?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atiqahali all you need to do is open the expense claim, then click on the Details link you will see above all the expense line items. One of the options from the Details menu will be Report Header or Claim Header. Click on this. It will open up the Claim Header and you will be able to see all the fields of the Header. You should be able to change the Start and End Date fields. Once you do, click Save. That should do it for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
atiqahali

I did! I solved the error with your help.

Thanks KevinD.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@atiqahali I looked at your expense claim and you have several expense entries that have a date that is past February 5th. Your start date of your trip showed as 1/22/2021 and the end date as 02/05/2021. 

For the expenses you have with dates after 02/05/2021, were these expenses for a different trip? If so, you might have to create a second expense claim and add these expenses to that claim. If they are part of the same trip, then you will need to change the transaction date of these expenses so it falls between the start and end date on your expense claim header.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey