cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghilleary
New Member - Level 1

Can not file an expense report on Behalf of employee

An Employee purchased supplies for supply chain week on a personal credit card.   Employee is registered in Concur and I am his delegate.

When opening the software as the delegate- SAP CONCUR- the system only gives me a TRAVEL option on the top ribbon.   If I open it as myself I can see Expense option.  What can I do to be able to use the Expense tab as a delegate for the employee?

Thank you for any advice.

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ghilleary you pose a great question and probably an issue that is somewhat common. Now, for the answer...most likely the person did not add you as their Expense Delegate and if they did, they may not have clicked the Can Prepare option to allow you to create reports on their behalf.

One thing commonly misconstrued for our customers using both our Travel and Expense tools is on the Travel profile, a person will add someone as their Travel Arranger and they think this is also adding them as the Expense Delegate. This is not the case. Travel and Expense, althought they communicate with each other in a manner of speaking, are separate modules. 

So, my guess is you are added only as the travel arranger, hence you can access their account and see Travel. 

You will not be able to add yourself as someone's delegate, so this person needs to make sure you are added to their profile with the ability to prepare reports for them.

Let me know if this resolves the issue or not. When you reply, please tag me by using @KevinD that way I will be notified when you reply.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.