cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britboy67
New Member - Level 1

Can I pre-pay for a hotel?

I booked a hotel and pre-paid. When I attempt to expense, it won't allow me as the 'transaction date' (the date of my stay) is in the future. So, I guess it thinks I haven't spent the money yet... 😕 

Given that I have to itemize the hotel stay per day, is there a way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@britboy67 So, you prepaid the entire hotel stay? Also, did you pay for the hotel on a company credit card or your own card? I'll await your reply.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
britboy67
New Member - Level 1

yes, company card, so I need to expense; if this is going to be a real pain, I'll just cancel and rebook as 'pay at hotel'.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@britboy67 So, I looked up your corporate card and how it is set up. It is listed as Company Billed/Company Paid. What this means is your company is paying the bill/statement. That allows you to wait until your hotel stay is complete to submit the hotel expense. Your company will pay the statement off as soon as they receive it and it isn't dependent on you submitting the expense. 

Many companies handle company cards this way (paying the bill up front) to avoid late fees due to employees not submitting expenses on time. 

Does this make sense? 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.