cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElenaBos
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can AMEX Card transactions be matched to expense report already approved and reimbursed?

Hi, can you please assist?

I have submitted an expense report without matching the AMEX transactions which at that time had not been fed into Concur. Now, those transaction are registered into Concur showing as available expenses.

Is there a way I can match the past Amex transactions against the appropriate claim which has been submitted and reimbursement made?

Many thanks. 

Elena

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ElenaBos Unfortunately you cannot do this. In fact, once a report is submitted, it cannot be edited. The only way to make changes to a report you have submitted is by recalling the report. However, reports that have been given final approval cannot be recalled. 

Now, I'm guessing your next question is: "What do I do with these AMEX transactions now?". To get them out of your available expenses, you will need to add them to your next expense report and mark them as personal by using the little checkbox labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). For each transaction, use the Comment field to explain you already submitted these as out of pocket/cash. 

I just did some looking and it looks like these transactions were not yours, but you submitted them as a delegate. Everything still applies. I see that all the AMEX cards assigned at your company are Individual Bill. What this means is that the person you submitted the expenses for will need to send a payment to AMEX once they receive the funds for the submitted cash/out of pocket expenses. This ensures they get their AMEX card paid up. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ElenaBos Unfortunately you cannot do this. In fact, once a report is submitted, it cannot be edited. The only way to make changes to a report you have submitted is by recalling the report. However, reports that have been given final approval cannot be recalled. 

Now, I'm guessing your next question is: "What do I do with these AMEX transactions now?". To get them out of your available expenses, you will need to add them to your next expense report and mark them as personal by using the little checkbox labeled Personal Expense (do not reimburse). For each transaction, use the Comment field to explain you already submitted these as out of pocket/cash. 

I just did some looking and it looks like these transactions were not yours, but you submitted them as a delegate. Everything still applies. I see that all the AMEX cards assigned at your company are Individual Bill. What this means is that the person you submitted the expenses for will need to send a payment to AMEX once they receive the funds for the submitted cash/out of pocket expenses. This ensures they get their AMEX card paid up. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.