cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aespiritu
Occasional Member - Level 3

Bypassing Individual Receipt Uploads per Expense Type

How can I avoid uploading receipts individually for each expense type on one report?

I find it time consuming to upload receipts for every expense type. Instead, I'd like to upload receipts as a batch, but if I were to set the attached receipt status to either "yes" or "no", the system will not allow me to submit report unless I've included a receipt for each entry. Is there a workaround or a setting that needs to be changed in the system?

Thanks 

Anne 

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aespiritu receipt requirements are not an individual setting. To bypass line item receipts, the audit rule requiring them would need to be deactivated (The audit rule is activated or deactivated by group, not by individuals). This would allow users to upload receipts to the report as a whole not to individual line items. This would also take some work as then you would need to have one single PDF document that contains all your receipts for that report. I'm not sure if you could do this more quickly than uploading receipts to each line item. 

In my experience, I just use my mobile phone for receipt capture, but I was also using a corporate card and ExpenseIt which when working together matches my receipts to the line items for me. I also found that emailing my receipts from my mobile phone to receipts@concur.com gets the images into my account pretty quickly for me to then assign as needed. 

Individually you cannot bypass the line item receipt option, it is either on for groups of employees or not. This would be a decision your company would need to make. I can tell you from my experience that companies use this requirement intentionally to cut down on the amount of missing receipts. If users must attach to each line item, they are forced to have all receipts. Also, line item receipts is easier for reviewers and approvers. It helps them more quickly see that the receipt is correct for that line item. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aespiritu

Thank you, @KevinD for your reply.
What prompted the question was how inefficient one of our frequent business travelers found uploading individual receipts per line item. Given that we can't bypass this set up on the user level, what would be best practice for those having to upload multiple receipts per day (taxi, meals, day travel etc.)? You had suggested a few solutions like ExpenseIt and emailing receipts to a concur mailbox. I would be interested to explore either option. I am looking for a solution that would be simple and easy for a team member (not well versed in technology) who travels a lot and would collect multiple receipts a day. 
What would you suggest?

Thank you, 

Anne

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aespiritu ExpenseIt is a paid feature, so if your company isn't currently using it, it probably wouldn't be something to consider just for one employee. However, it does offer the ability to immediately take a picture of your receipt and have an expense entry created automatically based on the analyzation of the receipt image. The ExpenseIt items will then match to their corresponding company card charges (if your company uses company cards). 

Mailing receipts can be done right from the user's cell phone once they have verified their email address on their SAP Concur profile. Once verified, they can snap a picture of their receipt. Then, using the "share" option on their mobile phone, they can share via email and then send the image to receipts@concur.com. This will put the image in their Receipt Library or Available Receipts and store it until the user attaches is to the entry it belongs with. 

For users who are not as tech savvy, my first piece of advice for receipts is to just immediately take a picture of the receipt with their cell phone, then worry about attaching it later. The most important thing is making sure the receipt is captured to ensure the user has all receipts. 

Is this user incurring business expenses on a company card or are they using their own personal card for business expenses?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
aespiritu

@KevinD  The user is incurring business expenses on his personal card and expensing them online via Concur. 

Re. "verified their email address on their SAP Concur profile", is this already set up once they created their profile initially or is this a separate set up? Is this based from using the Concur app? Trying to understand the streamline between photo sharing of the receipt from a mobile phone to a concur mailbox to including it on receipt library. Personally, I don't use the Concur app so it's challenging to train users if so. 

Thanks

Anne

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aespiritu the user would need to go to their SAP Concur profile (desktop version only) and verify the email address they have set up on their mobile phone. Their work email will be listed on their profile by default, but it isn't verified. Users can verify up to three total email address for emailing receipts. When a user sends the photo to receipts@concur.com, the system recognizes the user based on their verified email address and places the image in the Available Receipts library. 

Here is a link to our mobile app resources for iPhone: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/mobile/iphone/end-user

Here is the link for Android: https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/mobile/android/end-user

These resources should cover the basic tasks done in the mobile app including attaching receipts.

Here are the steps for verifying an email address:

To verify your email address, you can follow the steps below: 
  1. Sign in your SAP Concur account
  2. Navigate to Profile > Profile Settings 
  3. Under Email Addresses, select Add an email address
  4. Add Email
  5. Select OK
  6. Click Verify
  7. Copy Verification Code sent to profile email and paste into Enter Code box. (Note: If the Enter Code box is not available, advise the user to log-out then log-in again to SAP Concur to show this box.)
  8. Click OK

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey