cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mponce
Occasional Member - Level 2

Business Events - Tipping

What is the "norm" when considering to tip for an expense like catering for a business event? I have a user who is ordering $20K worth of food from a catering company and asking what an appropriate tip amount should be. I checked the invoice and there are small delivery fees but no service/gratuity fees.

Separately, but similarly, is it normal to tip photographer's, hired event staff, or hotel staff etc.?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mponce I'd like to preface this by saying, this is just my opinion. For tipping, if a job is well done, 18-20% is usually the norm if dining at a restaurant, so I would apply the same. I don't know about photographers and hired event staff, but I do have a friend who works events at hotels and the tip is usually included in the price. For example, a group comes in for an event and it includes a dinner one night. The serving staff is usually tipped.

Anyway, I hope this helps somewhat. Let's see what other say. You might want to post this question in the admin group as well. I think you'll get more responses there.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.