cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tannis
Occasional Member - Level 1

Booked Hotel w/ Corporate Card, but paid on personal card and cannot submit report

I was able to book my hotel using Concur with my corporate card, but my card was denied at the hotel when I arrived. I tried a number of times and it did not work. I ended up using my personal credit card to pay for the expense. I have successfully itemized the expense and attached a receipt, but I am unable to submit due to an unresolved exception. It tells me that I need a corresponding corporate card transaction to submit (which is not coming because I paid for it on my own) and I see no space to submit with an affidavit explanation. 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tannis the expense in question, was it an item that you added from your Available Expenses? If so, this was the itinerary item that appeared because you booked your hotel using Concur Travel. Your company has a rule that itinerary items for hotel must be matched to a company card charge. Since this didn't happen in your case, you will need to delete the item off your report and then manually create a hotel expense. That way the expense entry will not have an SAP Concur itinerary booking associated to the entry, which requires a matching company card charge. Once deleted off the report and you have manually added the hotel, you can then delete the item out of the Available Expenses area.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tannis the expense in question, was it an item that you added from your Available Expenses? If so, this was the itinerary item that appeared because you booked your hotel using Concur Travel. Your company has a rule that itinerary items for hotel must be matched to a company card charge. Since this didn't happen in your case, you will need to delete the item off your report and then manually create a hotel expense. That way the expense entry will not have an SAP Concur itinerary booking associated to the entry, which requires a matching company card charge. Once deleted off the report and you have manually added the hotel, you can then delete the item out of the Available Expenses area.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tannis

Thank you so much, KevinD! This solution worked.

cfeely

Hey Kevin, 

I'm having the same problem as above. Paid for hotel on personal card. How do i manually enter the details?

Thanks,

Cara

ccizek
Occasional Member - Level 2

That would be the "Add Expense" button on the open report, I believe?