cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhemmi
Occasional Member - Level 3

Bambora-option to opt out of personal banking details?

Is there an option to opt out of the personal banking details entry? We have several team members who are US employee who work remote in a foreign location that use a foreign banking that need to opt out of the personal banking. We cannot get their expense report to go to the new Global Batch without enter this information in. How do we bypass this?

Plus there are just some employees who do not want their personal banking in Concur due to only have Company Credit Card expenses. 

Another issue I am having is that the new Global Credit Card batches are not showing up in my batch definitions. 

My Concur project manager is swamped and I need help ASAP!

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jhemmi you will need to have a new batch created that doesn't use Expense Pay.  I noticed though when you click New Employee Batch, Expense Pay is the only option, so I'm not sure how this gets created. Once it does get created, you will need to have happen is have all those who do not need to be reimbursed by Expense Pay be put into what we call and Employee Group. Reimbursement methods, such as Expense Pay or Company Check, are assigned to Employee Groups. So, it isn't that the employees opt out of this, rather it is you assign them to an employee group that doesn't use Expense Pay as the out of pocket reimbursement method.

Likely this will all need to be done by, and I hate to say it, your Concur project manager or their team. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jhemmi

so you are suggesting that for the switch to Bambora as we currently do not use that type of setup up now; having the non-expense pay users be in two different groups even though they are US citizens; we have a very large company and this will be a very large undertaking to do what you are suggesting. The users are already checked not using expense pay. 

as for the new payment batches for Bambora that are missing, my project manager had me modify the current ones and that didn't' seem to work. So was hoping someone knew the correct way. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jhemmi I wasn't aware of that, so if you are currently using expense pay and just switching to Bambora, I think you'll be fine in that regard. As for the missing batches and the updating the current batches not working, I am not sure how that would get fixed. I'm posting the issue internally to see if anyone can offer some advice. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Jhemmi

I saw another post stating that both the classic, and global batches need to be activate during the transition. We deactivated the classic and activated the global instead during the transition. Do I reactivated the classic. This seemed to work. The global batch showed up this morning and the classic payment is pending along with some newly processed reports moved to the global batch. I just wish there was actual documented instructions on how to do this since all Concur customers are doing this. I even read that some have moved to Global Pay in 2018. We missed so many steps and I have not so happy team members that they have to enter personal banking that they did not have to do before. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jhemmi This would be good feedback for you to provide to your SAP Concur Implementation project manager and if you know who your SAP Concur Client Success Manager is, I would let them know as well. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jhemmi

We recently found out that our Direct Debit mandates and reference forms for the new Global Pay numbers were not sent to our banks even though we were told this was all in the same Bambora process. So our Treasury team is coordinating that. 

I did what you suggested and reached out to my Concur representative team and have not heard back from them yet. 

There has to be a step by step document for this as we are in a complete mess with this whole new Global pay process. 

I do appreciate your correspondence Kevin

Jhemmi

solution...to some is to have their home country as their actual home country and not as their green card or work country. We are going to try that route. as they are already set up to say 'No' for expense pay. 

Thanks!