cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marikit
Occasional Member - Level 1

Automating Expense Approval for Employees Serving Multiple Cost Centers in SAP Concur

Hello SAP Community,

I hope everyone is doing well.

We have a scenario in our company where some employees are servicing multiple cost centers, and we are looking to streamline and automate the approval process for their expenses and invoice-related payables using SAP Concur.

Our Objectives:

Automate the approval process for expenses and invoices for employees assigned to two or more cost centers.
Ensure expenses are correctly allocated to the respective cost centers.
Implement approval workflows that can handle these scenarios efficiently.

Questions:

1. Has anyone successfully implemented automated approval workflows in SAP Concur for employees servicing multiple cost centers? If so, could you share your approach and any best practices?
2. What are the key configuration steps in Concur to set up automatic approval rules based on cost center allocations?
Are there any specific challenges or limitations we should be aware of when automating approvals in this context?
3. How do you handle split allocations in Concur, and can these trigger the appropriate approval workflows automatically?

We are keen to hear from anyone who has tackled similar challenges or has insights into optimizing Concur for this use case. If you have related resources. Please share! 

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
Marikit

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marikit the first question we need answered is do you or someone at your company have full site access to make changes to your workflows? I'm asking because if no one has the correct permissions, any workflow changes would need to be done by SAP Concur. Let's start there.

I will say your question is a little bit complicated, so you likely will get more general responses on whether what you are asking is possible, rather than the steps on how to actually configure the workflow to work how you want it. Anyway, I'll await your reply to my question.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.