cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mary_Ginty
Occasional Member - Level 1

Automatic currency conversion

I have a hotel folio for a stay in Bangalore, India. The itemizations (room rate, taxes, meals, etc.) are in rupees in the folio. But the total amount of the stay was charged in American dollars, not rupees on the credit card. I cannot see a way to change the currency, either line by line or in total. So how do I itemize as required? For instance, one night's stay is 14,000 rupees but when I itemize that, it automatically converts to $14,000 USD !

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mary_Ginty what I would do is take the total charged in USD and divide by 7. Which in your case comes out to 306.935. Basically 306.94. Choose Hotel as the expense type and then enter this amount in the Amount field. Don't worry about entering taxes. After you save, you likely will get an Alert stating the amounts do not add up, You will be over by .03. So, go into one of the itemization entries and reduce it to 306.91. That should make it come out even.

Use the comment field to explain why you itemized the Hotel charge this way due to the conversion.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Mary_Ginty

Hi Kevin - thanks but unfortunately, the hotel rate is not the same each night, plus there are meals mixed in too.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mary_Ginty I understand that, but since the system is auto-converting and making it difficult for you, I suggested a workaround to achieve what you ultimately need and that is for the total hotel bill to be accounted for in your itemizations. I was thinking outside the box. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Mary_Ginty

@KevinD  I did not get a follow-up response, so I did have to convert each line from rupees to US dollars. My company requires itemization for hotel bills, especially since the rate was different for each night and there were meals charged to the room. Is there a fix for this?