cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binxx006
Occasional Member - Level 1

Automate Naming Convention for Report Name

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to automate the creation of Expense Report Name? For example, when a new report is created, the report name will be auto-populated with the combination of my First Name+Last Name+Today's Date?  The reason why I ask is that we moved to Concur Expense from Expensify, Expensify is able to auto-populate the name, which does save extra few seconds and better unification.

Best regards,

Bin 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@binxx006 the only auto-naming we have is if you enable your employees to turn on Expense Assistant and then individually the employees opt into the Expense Assistant feature. This auto-names the reports with Month Name Expenses (date). It would look like this for September: September Expenses(09/01/2021). Other than that, employees would have to fill out the name manually. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@binxx006 the only auto-naming we have is if you enable your employees to turn on Expense Assistant and then individually the employees opt into the Expense Assistant feature. This auto-names the reports with Month Name Expenses (date). It would look like this for September: September Expenses(09/01/2021). Other than that, employees would have to fill out the name manually. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
binxx006
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you very much Kevin!

AASM
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Kevin, 

Is it possible to change how Expense Assistant auto-name the reports? Example - it is only Month Name Expenses without the date: "September Expenses".

Thanks,

Anna

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AASM unfortunately this cannot be changed.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953
Occasional Member - Level 3

This is a bit off topic however I see in the new ui documentation that the trip report name field has an ellipsis if the report name is too long. Our current report name only has 31 characters so has the field size been increased to allow for the additional information or is the ellipsis combing the report name and business purpose fields?

PEGGY BURKE

@Airfern1953 I don't believe those fields are being combined. As far as I know the Report Name field is hard coded to 32 characters. If the trip name is too long, then users should figure out a way to truncate the name to fit within the 32 character parameter.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

I am confused documentation states if report name is too long click on ellipsis to view entire report name where would that additional info be coming from? 

PEGGY BURKE

@Airfern1953 hmmm...can you post the link to the documentation for me please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

On page 5 of the next gen ui users experience documentation.  Next Generation: Expense End User (concurtraining.com)

Perhaps I am just misunderstanding. I just don't want to lead users down the path of enlarged field when it is only a visual and is not enlarged for data entry

PEGGY BURKE

@Airfern1953 the ellipsis referred to on page 5 is only for viewing the full report name from the tile on the Manage Expenses screen. It is not in reference to the Report Name field found on the report header. 

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Airfern1953

Thank you for the clarification

PEGGY BURKE