Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Audit Rules on unsubmitted card Transactions

Team,

Need assistance on preparing audit rule with 99 level in the below scenario:

Employee has unsubmitted card transactions for gretaer than 30 days  for the transactions whose date is after 01.01.2021.

Example: User has unused card transactions fro 2019 - 3, 2020 - 5, 2021 - 6(1st Jan is - 3, 1st Feb  is - 3). when comparing with currenmt date all the 14 transactions are greater than 30 days. However i want to coonsider teh transactions whose dates are after 01st Jan 2021 and greater than 30 days to current date. So even though i have transactions in 2019 and 2020, if i didn't assigned them to current report system should allow me to submit report with only 2021 tramsactions. and if i didn't assgined the any transactions in Jan which are greated 30 days, system should through a 99 level rule.

Provide me solution. I have tried adding additional condition to stadard iwith exception code UNUSEDCC as Company card transaction date is after 01.01.2021, which didn't work.

1 Solution
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD  Thank you fro your inputs however we  have no slution to my requirement in system as we cannot hard code the dates while comparing days against the transactions date.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Karthikhemadri can you help me understand a little better what is happening? 

Are you saying the the current audit rule is still looking at the transactions from 2019 and 2020 and preventing you from submitting expense reports for your current transactions? 

Also, because I'm a curious person, why are there unused credit card transactions from 2019 and 2020? Maybe if you can get those older transactions cleared, it would help your rule. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin,

@KevinD Thank you fro your response here.

Yes, current rule is looking fro transactions before 01.01.2021 and preventing me submission of reports. But the expectation is here system should look for teh transactions imported/created on or after 01.01.2021 and unused for morethan 30 days to current date.

You are right on clearing older transactions first, but we want to put some discipline in users report first then to cmmunication on older items before 01.01.2021

@Karthikhemadri Okay, I may have a solution, but I've not tested it out, so you would need to do so. Unfortunately you won't be able to test this rule out on Test users since it deals with overdue card transactions. I would suggest finding a person who meets the criteria of having card transactions with dates after Dec. 31st, 2020 that are over 30 days old and have them try and submit a report to see if the rule works. 

I think you will have to deactive the current rule that is preventing submission of any reports because of transactions that are outstanding prior to 01/01/2021. 

I've provided a screenshot of the rule conditions. Again, I've not tested it, but logically, this should work. Let me know how it turns out for you. 

CC_Trans_Audit_Rule.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD  than you fro your input.

The belwo condition works only for teh transactions within the report. However my view is to validate card transaction in "Available Expenses" section and the reports with card transactions and not submitted yet.

I want a rule to check if any card trsnactions that are created after 01.01.2021 and greater than 30 days to current date in "Available Expenses" section and the reports with card transactions and not submitted yet to move/include it in current report. 

Once all card transaction are added to current report, system should allow user to submit even though user has card transactions before 2021.

@Karthikhemadri the only thing I can think of is to add another condition that states:

Employee>Has Unused Transactions = Yes. 

See if you can get that to work for you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD  Thank you fro your inputs however we  have no slution to my requirement in system as we cannot hard code the dates while comparing days against the transactions date.

Did you get a solution?

The problem with unsubmitted transaction is one experienced by all companies with a corporate card program. 

There is a lot of coaching the user and changing behaviour to keep the unsbumitted transactions over 30 days to a minimum.

I would personally don't go the route of a full stop audit rule on the expense report with transactions over 30 days. There are other ways to accomplsih  You will need to asses the situation and present the case and back up from your leadership. 

Let me know if you would like to discuss what our team has done to reduce the past 30 days unsubmitted expenses to a minimum.

Regards,

Maria Steen

Maria Steen
schernau
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi, we don't use audit rules for unsubmitted transactions yet (haven't really tried yet), but we do use email reminders that send to the cardholder and their delegates at 30, 60, 90, 120 days. The 120 day one states something about being taxed for these charges. That usually gets people's attention.

-----------------
Stephanie Chernau (she, her)
UC San Diego
Integrated Procure-to-Pay Solutions