Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsha
Super User
Super User

Audit Rule

Hello All,

Our expense policy requires that the expenses in a group setting are borne by the senior most employee present. However, every now and then we have an expense report where an employee manager is part of the group and has approved their own expenses. How are you reviewing these and is there any audit rule that would identify these expenses?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Harsha

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha if the most senior person is responsible for the group expense, then that expense should be submitted by that senior member on their own expense report. From your description and knowing that the system does not allow someone to approve their own expense report, it sounds like someone else from the group entered the expense and submitted it on a report which then went to their manager for approval, which was the senior person in attendance. 

Is that the scenario or am I missing something? You say every now and then you have an expense report where the manager is part of the group and has approved their own expenses. Who is creating this report? It cannot be the senior member because they cannot approve their own reports. Also, how are they approving it? Are they giving written or verbal approval to the person who actually pays? 

I'm trying to understand the full scenario because users cannot approve their own expense reports in SAP Concur.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Harsha
Super User
Super User

@KevinD  Hi Kevin, Yes the scenario described is accurate and is what happens. The person reporting to the senior employee has paid for the expense and is claiming it. However, since the senior employee is part of the attendees, we have to manually route this to another approver. 

I am checking if we can set up a audit rule where if the senior employee is part of the attendees, the system can flag it.

Regards,

Harsha

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Harsha I think that will be a tough audit rule to create as you will need to include all those senior employees that this could pertain to in your conditions. If it is just a small group of senior employees, it wouldn't take too much time. If it would need to be for a large group of senior employees, this could take some time. And, you would need to adjust the audit rule each time there was a change in senior employees, whether it be they leave the company or change positions. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Thank you, @KevinD 🙂 This would not be an ideal solution as you have explained.