cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlipsey64
Occasional Member - Level 2

Audit Rule to restrict 2 Per Diems for the same day

Hi Team,

I am looking to restrict the abiliby to have more than one Per Diem line item entries for the same day.  Any suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlipsey64 

Two Questions:

1. Did you configure a Per Diem expense type or are you using our Travel Allowance option which adds Per Diems to the user's expense report after they either attach a travel itinerary or create an itinerary? 

2. What are you hoping to accomplish with the rule? Are you trying to just avoid the Per Diem expense type being used more than once on the same day  no matter what the amounts (even if the total is less than the daily allowance) or are you trying to avoid users from trying to get reimbursed more than the daily allowance for each day? What if the user's daily allowance is $50. They enter a per diem expense for today for $20 and then for some reason create another per diem expense for today for $30. They are within the $50 daily allowance. Does this not matter as they entered two per diems on the same day or is this okay because they stayed within the limit.

Knowing this will help me assist you better. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlipsey64 with a little help from a colleague, I got the rule figured out. See screenshot. You will probably replace Daily Allowance with your Per Diem expense type. 

Duplicate_Audit_Rule.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.