cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tstagliano
Routine Member - Level 2

Attendee check to employee mgr

As per policy, meals should be settled by the most senior person. In reality, we noted on many occasions where the approver of the claim is also the attendee of the meal. Is it possible to enable a check in Concur such that if the attendee is also the L1 approver of the report, can we build in an additional route to the L1’s expense manager? Otherwise, is there any other controls we can build in so that we don’t have to rely on manual checks?

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
4 REPLIES 4
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD do you see any workaround for this scenario?

@tstagliano do you have any solution for this?

@Karthikhemadri and @tstagliano the only way to accomplish this is to create a custom field that asks Is Attendee Approver? The field can be a drop down list that simply says Yes or No. 

Your audit rule can then be created based on this custom field. The rule would basically say, If Expense Type equals Business Meal (or any group meal you have set up) and Is Attendee Approver equals yes, then flag the report. The exception message could say something like "Because your approver is an attendee, the report needs to be approved by a second approver" or something like that. 

Does this make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Karthikhemadri
Routine Member - Level 1

@KevinD thank you for details. I remember we have one option at policy level to configure Most senior person attending should pay the bill option but not sure where how it can be done. Confirm if you have any idea like this

Your option makes sense but it is again user selection whom we don't want to involve 

@Karthikhemadri I don't know of any option at the policy level. The system won't be able to look at the title of the attendees to know who the most senior is. You will need to do something to tell the system who the most senior person is, which will likely require some user input. 

The only other option is, that your employees are educated to not pay for any meals when there is a more senior person in attendance. I think the issue is more educational than anything else.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.