cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivero
Occasional Member - Level 2

Attendee and Allocation - The split indicates?

Hi, 

When adding an attendee in my organization, a split of the amount will be shown, but I want to make sure I understand the function properly. From what I can see, the split I make doesn't affect either the attendee or their department. 

An example to my question: 
(We use Cost Centers as allocation and tracking department costs)
I pay $100 out of pocket and create the expense. The $100 is spent on me from Department A. 
When I add an attendee from Department B, and select $50 on both myself and my colleague, will it then put 50 dollars on the colleagues Department B as well, or full amount on mine when the payment is done?
To me it seems that it is just a function to show how much money each attendee used, but if the costs should apply on another department/cost center, I assume I need to allocate the expense as well? 

Hope the above makes sense 🙂 

Below is a picture, where Oliver (Department A) got 50% of the amount and colleague from Department B got 50%. 

Olivero_0-1663755448210.png

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Olivero your description is 100% correct. Adding an attendee just shows a split in the expense per attendee. If you want their portion charged against their department, then you would need to allocate. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Olivero your description is 100% correct. Adding an attendee just shows a split in the expense per attendee. If you want their portion charged against their department, then you would need to allocate. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Olivero
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD Thank you very much for confirming!