cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah-A
Occasional Member - Level 1

Attendee Input -process duplication

Hi, 

We require attendees and Itemization on 'Entertainment' expenses, however the user is having to add the attendees twice making the process very tedious.

eg.

Select expense type - Entertainment > Add usual required info >  Add Attendees > Add Itemisations (expense type 'Entertainment Client' & 'Subsistence') > Add Attendees again to each line.

Can someone confirm if this the process as standard? we do not require attendees to be input again on the itemisation lines - is there anyway to turn this off? or a workaround?  

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Sarah-A ,

May I know whether each expense types requires attendee to be added? or it is required only for the few selective expense types? 

Also, while adding attendee to whom you are adding as an attendee? meaning you are adding yourself as an attendee or other team members? 

Can you please provide a screenshot and show where you have added attendees or want to avoid adding duplicate attendees. Details section and Itemization section.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
Sarah-A

Hi Pooja
yes, It's only a certain few expense types - I'm not sure where to look to find out which ones? I believe the problem maybe because they are selecting 'entertainment' twice? once for the expense line and then again in the itemisation?  

Yes, the settings automaitcally add the user as an attendee, from there they can add other teams members or external clients.

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Sarah-A 

yes, It's only a certain few expense types - I'm not sure where to look to find out which ones? I believe the problem maybe because they are selecting 'entertainment' twice? once for the expense line and then again in the itemisation?   

Pooja - Possible that as per your current configuration for certain expense types adding attendee is mandatory and since user is adding again same expense type under itemization section, system is asking user to add attendee on details as well as on itemization section.

However, if there is no further bifurcation of amounts needs to be given then I dont think so you need to do itemization. Usually itemization is only required in case if amount needs to be bifurcated into expense type wise. 

Example,

Hotel expense, here hotel amount may further be bifurcated into lunch , breakfast, dinner, laundry, wifi etc. 

But if that is not the case in your scenario then I think you dont need to do itemization. 

Regarding adding user as a default attendee, you need to do below settings: 

With these settings, user will get added as attendee by default. In case if user wants to add additional attendees then that needs to be added manually.

To do these settings, you need Expense configuration administrator (unrestricted) access. 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1728997693269.png

if this answers your query then mark solution as accepted. 

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
Sarah-A

Pooja - Possible that as per your current configuration for certain expense types adding attendee is mandatory and since user is adding again same expense type under itemization section, system is asking user to add attendee on details as well as on itemization section. 

However, if there is no further bifurcation of amounts needs to be given then I dont think so you need to do itemization. Usually itemization is only required in case if amount needs to be bifurcated into expense type wise. 

Example,

Hotel expense, here hotel amount may further be bifurcated into lunch , breakfast, dinner, laundry, wifi etc.  -Yes this is required but does not require the user input attendees, so no problems with this aspect.

I am wondering the the attendee rule applies to the spend category or the Parent? perhaps I could create another expense type with the same description only available for itemization, that does not require the attendees to be added . ( they will still add the attendees on the expense line where entertainment is selected as the expense type)

SarahA_1-1729000180482.png

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 3

Hi @Sarah-A ,

Attendee rule is applied to the expense type and not for the spend category. Also, while creating expense type you cannot select spend category. It is just an expense head under which there are actual expenses which as same spend category.

I would suggest keeping itemization as an optional if there is no further amount bifurcation required from employee. Also, for such expense if you need attendee details from user then make user as default attendee as shown in my previous response and create an audit rule and check whether attendee count is two or more if it is expected from user to add more attendees excluding their selves. 

PoojaKumatkar_0-1729001721270.png

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja