cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlseiler22
New Member - Level 1

Associating an expense report to a previous travel approval

I have submitted a travel expense report. It is warning that I need a pre-approval for travel. Which I have. How do I link my submitted expense report to the previously approved travel request?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@karlseiler22 I did see your private message, but I wanted to reply here in the public forum so anyone else that might have the issue can see the answer. 

Because your expense reports are submitted, you cannot make any changes to them. Also, the current status of the report is Pending External Validation. So, you are going to have to wait until the report comes out of this status, then recall the report. Once recalled, click the link that says Details. From the drop down menu select Report Header. When the window showing the report header details opens, on the lower half you'll see a tab labeled Requests. Look for an Add button, then click it. This will bring up a list of your approved travel requests. Select the appropriate one for the expense report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Changg
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, 

I followed the instructions as you stated above to link a travel request to an expense report. However, CONCUR is  showing two exception errors indicating that there's no associated request and the expense report exceeds the Request amount. 

What do I need to do to resolve this? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Changg I looked in your profile and I didn't see any active travel requests or expense reports, so I'm not sure how to help you. Maybe you deleted the expense report? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sydneyhenry99
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, I am having troubles with my concur account. I submitted a request prior to travel that has already been approved. now that i am back from traveling i am trying to create a report with my approved request but when i click "Create report from approved request" it shows I have no approved requests even though on my home screen it shows approved. What can I do?