cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwiggins
New Member - Level 1

Assigning employees to a specific project

I am looking to set up hierarchies in Concur, with different employees having access to different projects.

Certain geographies (Northwest, or Florida, or Houston) would contain different projects.  I would like employees associated with those regions to only see those projects in Concur.  Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

You should be able to create a linked/connected list. This is where what you choose in one dropdown field determines what is available in the related dropdown field. For example, a user chooses Northwest as the specific geographic location. Then, they would have a second dropdown field labeled Project next to the geographic field. When the user clicks the dropdown arrow for the Project field, they would only see projects related to the Northwest. 

I don't know what version of SAP Concur you are using, but if you are using our Standard version and you have Admin rights, you can easily set this up under Custom Fields. If you are on our Professional version of SAP Concur, most likely you don't have access to be able to do this unless you take our Advanced Configuration training. If you haven't taken this training, then SAP Concur would have to set this up for you.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
243Justine
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have a similar need, and I think this is an issue for my company, as well. Our consultants do not work in specific regions, they work on specific projects. We should be able to assign a user, so that they only see there projects, and the project defaults to the one that they most often choose to associate their expenses with. Is there a way to do this? If not, I think Concur should enhance the tool to make this more specific to an industry. I know you have two versions of Concur, and I think each version should be specific to an industry to make the tool less cumbersome for the employees. Currently, our users have to search for their project every time they log their expenses. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@243Justine I don't know if this will help, but here at SAP Concur we use SalesForce to keep track of our projects. I know that I get assigned Projects in SalesForce, then I'm able to see those projects when I create a new expense report. Our report header screen has a Project field and that is where I see a list of all my assigned projects. 

So, what you are asking is possible, but it entails having something like Salesforce connected to SAP Concur. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
katharreza
Occasional Member - Level 1

i have a similar requirement. i need to assign certain users to different projects thatt have different set of approval workflow for request and expense. how did u go about setting up yours? tnx