cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dthomas
Occasional Member - Level 2

Approve and Forward in Concur App

Is it possible to Approve and Forward and expense report in the Concur App? I am not seeing it as an option anywhere. I see where it can be done on the website but was wondering if there was similar functionality on the app.

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dthomas I think approvers can just approve using the mobile app, no forwarding option. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dgoode0517

Hi KevinD.  Do you know if this functionality will be available on the app soon?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dgoode0517 I don't know the answer so I posted this internally to see if it it is on the Roadmap. 

If I had to guess, this probably isn't a high priority feature, but I'll see what our mobile team says and let you know.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dgoode0517

Thanks.  I appreciate the quick response.

Jerry_Sabo

Kevin - Have you received any feedback from the mobile team on this.  I also have discovered that a lot of our supervisors out in the field would find this feature extremely useful.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jerry_Sabo I haven't heard. I'm asking someone else that deals with our Roadmap to see if she knows. 

If I may ask, why do Supervisors need to forward reports they are approving? Why do these reports need to have an additional approval from someone other than the Supervisor?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jerry_Sabo

@KevinD CDI has multiple property locations that have different workflow protocols.  A worker who is employed by one location may be doing work on behalf of another location, thus needing the approval of not only the direct supervisor, but a supervisor at the working location.  Or, a standard may be set in place where an expense report over a certain dollar amount needs be approved by not only the direct supervisor, but the head of finance, etc.  Also, a large amount of our employee base, which includes supervisors, directors, executives travel on a very consistent basis and many times don't have access to a computer to approve and forward these reports.

Thank you for looking into this further.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jerry_Sabo I did find out that Approve & Forward is not on the mobile team's roadmap. 

As for the situations you mentioned, there are options in SAP Concur where the system can send reports submitted or approved by default approvers to location owners or to certain approvers if the dollar amount is over a certain designated threshold. 

There is a fair bit of configuring that would need to be done, but it is possible. This would alleviate Approve & Forward. However, my guess is your company might not want to have SAP Concur do all this set up as I'm sure it would cost money. 

I know it isn't ideal, but approvers could sign in to SAP Concur using a browser on their mobile device so they can use the Approve & Forward option. It is better than needing to find a desktop computer. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Jerry_Sabo

@KevinD Thank you for the quick reply.  I am fairly confident that we will not want to pay for this particular customization.  If the method described above is the only tool available as a workaround, then we will offer that out to our supervisors/leaders.