cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngbharadwaj
Occasional Member - Level 2

Approval Routing - Standard vs Professional

Hi - Can someone help me understand the difference in the approval configuration in Standard vs Professional? I understand there are 5 set-ups in Standard version, i.e

Processor,

Manager > Processor,

Manager > Authorized Approver > Processor, 

Manager > Second Approver > Processor, 

Manager > Manager's Manager (upto 5 levels) > Processor

What additional configuration does Professional Module provide than the above 5?

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngbharadwaj to give a brief explanation, I'll say that all of the Standard workflows are available in Professional, however with Professional you can customize your workflows by adding steps, skipping steps, changing approvers, etc. For example, with Professional you can skip manager approval if the report is under a certain amount or you can add an additional approval step if the report is over a certain amount. Also, with Professional, you can have different workflows for different Groups of employees, but in Standard, the workflow is global. Those are the main differences. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngbharadwaj to give a brief explanation, I'll say that all of the Standard workflows are available in Professional, however with Professional you can customize your workflows by adding steps, skipping steps, changing approvers, etc. For example, with Professional you can skip manager approval if the report is under a certain amount or you can add an additional approval step if the report is over a certain amount. Also, with Professional, you can have different workflows for different Groups of employees, but in Standard, the workflow is global. Those are the main differences. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.