cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmontone
Occasional Member - Level 1

Approval Date

Hello,

I am trying to run some processor queries to show all the reports that have been approved by "date approved." I can only find submit date but many times users will submit a report and the report is approved days later. Therefor submit date is not helpful.  Is this available?

In addition we are trying to call reports in the expense API and would like to pull all reports approved for the day but we cannot find that field to utilize. This seems like a very basic item that should be on all reports.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dmontone the best option from the Processor screen is to run a query for Processor Start Date Equals Today's Date. There is not an option to see Approved Date from the Processor screen.

Also, if you are on a Professional configuration of SAP Concur, you can get the Approved Date from Cognos reporting. 

Kevin

P.S. I provided a screenshot for the processor start date query. 

Processor_Start_Date.jpg

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
harmbasra

Hi Kevin.  Would you please provide the name of the Cognos report that will show approved date for each expense report?  Thanks.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@harmbasra If by Approved date you mean "Approved by the Processor" that would be the Sent for Payment Date in Cognos. There is the Approver Statistics report in the Standard Reports>Expense Processing folder. This could work for you. It allows you to choose the date range. 

You could even build your own Cognos report. I don't know if you have experience building reports in Cognos, but I'm going to just pretend that you do. 🙂 All you need is to add the following data items:

Employee

Report Name

Sent for Payment Date

That is a very basic report that would show the date the processor approved the report.

Let me know if this help. If you do not have experience building reports in Cognos, let me know. I can point you to some resources that might help.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rotyagi
New Member - Level 1

Hi,

Can we know the manager approval(last approve) date in any report? or how to add this in a report by cognos?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rotyagi to see workflow steps and when they occurred, look here in the data warehouse: Expense Reports > Expense Report Workflow Trail. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
GiusGD

Hallo @KevinD ,

Sorry but i think that it will be more correct to add on the Cognos Report the processing payment date and not the sent for payment date. 

But the first one is not available. We have sent for payment when the job run and we can extract the SAE.

Thank you

Giuseppe

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GiusGD that is certainly an option, but it all depends on each person running the report and each company's preference. 

What do you mean, "But the first one is not available"?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
GiusGD

I mean that i did not found "Processing Payment date" on Cognos. Only "sent for payment date".

I need to add on the report, the date of the Processor approval.

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GiusGD the date the processor approves the report is the same as the Sent for Payment date. There isn't a data item in the data warehouse named Processor Approval. However, if you go into Expense Reports>Expense Report Workflow Trail, you can add the Step items to your report to show all the workflow steps, filter it for the step for the processor then add the data item, Step Action Date/Time. That will give you the date the processor approved. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
GiusGD

Thank you  Kevin.

In some case i found different situation and different dates beetween processing payment and sent for payment.

In this case as you can see there are some hours of difference:

Screenshot_20220224-235607_Chrome.jpg

in other case there is also 1 day of difference.

But thanks for your advice.

Giuseppe 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GiusGD Ah, you noticed that. This has to do with the system and local time zone and the reporting tool reading off of Greenwich Mean time. I don't know why it is that way, but that is what is happening. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey