cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streetgrover
Occasional Member - Level 2

App runs in a Browser and does not sign-in the app

When attempting to log in to the SAP Concur Mobile App, it forces a web-browser interface within the app for any username/password entering method. After signing in, using any sign-in method (username/password, SSO, etc.) it loads the web interface and does not allow the application to open. This is not usable at all and I am frustrated that I can't get the application to work outside of the browser sign-in window within the app. This is a huge hindrance to my workflow and I can no longer upload receipts, submit reports, or book work travel like I used to.

Please address this issue with an App update or help me find a workaround.

Thanks,

Screenshots of the issue are provided below:

IMG_1589.PNGIMG_1590.jpegIMG_1591.PNGIMG_1592.jpeg

28 REPLIES 28
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@streetgrover what browser is your default browser on your mobile device and is your device provided by your company or a personal device?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
streetgrover

Hey Kevin,

Unfortunately, this seems to be an iOS 18 bug as the browser that opens within the concur app is not tied to the default browser. I confirmed with another iPhone not running iOS 18 beta that as soon as credentials are entered, the browser interface WITHIN the app (which happens to be Safari) closes and the app interface is automatically loaded. I have not been able to get the app to load as it refuses to accept the login credentials and return to the app interface. It instead stays in a web browser-like interface.

@streetgrover I cannot speak about our Development team's timeline for app updates, but at the time you attempted to sign in, iOS 18 hadn't been officially released, so my guess is our app hadn't been updated yet to be compatible with iOS 18. To me this is completely understandable as we are more likely to push an app update closer to the actual release of a new iOS and not when the beta of that iOS is launched for testing. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ally_c
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have just got a new company iPhone 13 running iOS18 and have this exact problem. Any news regarding a solution?

streetgrover

Hey @KevinD ,

Thank you for sharing your insight, however, now we are several days after the full release of iOS 18. It should be considered that the Developer Team should at least be testing on future iOS versions to ensure compatibility ahead of full launch. It is unacceptable that many users are now experiencing these issues despite the app now listing "full support for iOS 18" which it doesn't.

@streetgrover I wish I could disagree with you. Someone from our mobile support team said that if your device is using MDM (mobile device management), then you should reach out to your IT department. MDM is if you have a company issued phone where your company controls what can be installed or if you have a personal device, but your company wants to control any apps that are related to doing business. For example, accessing Outlook for work email, SAP Concur for expense reporting.

If you are not using MDM, then we were told to have you create a .HAR file and submit a help ticket to SAP Concur. Your IT department should be able to help with creating the .HAR file.

Thank you,
Kevin
LolueM
New Member - Level 2

Is no one having this problem at Concur? I don't see how you guys are not able to replicate this same problem when everyone else here seems to have the exact same problem as soon as updating to iOS 18. Multiple users in my org has confirmed this problem as soon as they've upgraded their personal iOS devices.

tenders

This issue continues several days after iOS18 was released. Occurs on both my iPhone and iPad. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled several times, and rebooted the device several times.

wuncarlitos
New Member - Level 1

The browser built into the app is what is popping up within the app, doesn't seem to be related in anyway to whatever browser you have installed, I noticed this started happening after getting iOS18.

I have been forced to use Concur on my computer as the desktop site is very inconvenient on the phone.

hopefullya fix is in the works 

streetgrover

I am running the iOS 18 beta and can confirm when I login to my account on another iPhone running iOS 17.x that this issue does not occur. This must be an iOS 18 bug that does not allow the app to sign in correctly. It prevents the browser window within the app to return the main interface of the app.

Seeing as iOS 18 is releasing next week, a fix needs to be provided soon!

Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi! @streetgrover . @ally_c , @tenders , @wuncarlitos  

I can see that issue has been fixed. Our R&D recommended to uninstall and reinstall the application.

Please let me know if it helps.

Best wishes,

Andras
SAP Concur

streetgrover

Hello @Andras,

Per your instructions, I removed (uninstalled) the app. Then, from the app store download the SAP Concur App. I went through the same login process as expected but it does NOT appear to have been fixed. Screenshots provided before are still relevant as they remain within a browser-like window within the app and never convert to the app interface. Any attempt to exit out of the browser in-app window brings me to the login screen. There is no exit button to enter the full app.

To provide more details, I am experiencing these issue the following:

• iPhone 15 Pro
  • iOS 18.1 public beta 4 (22B5045g)
    • This occurs on 18.0 as well
  • SAP Concur App 10.14.0

This has been an issue since iOS 18.0 and has not been fixed. Please advise that on the app store many other users are now reporting that the app is broken with iOS 18:

screenshot of recent app reviews for SAP Concurscreenshot of recent app reviews for SAP Concur

tenders

Issue has not been fixed following (yet another) app delete and reinstall. iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 18.0 release copy.

tenders

Concur app was updated today to 10.15. No difference! Finding somebody at my company of 45,000 employees to change a backend setting is a joke. SAP should be pushing either a fix or instructions for what needs to be done from their end to their clients, not through users.

Ev46f

This has not been fixed. Unable to log in on iOS 18

Ev46f

In case it was still unclear, this is that it’s doing to basically everyone. 

Concur Sign in Loop Video 

vperlutchi

Hi @Andras ,

The issue is still there and in my company too is starting to affect more and more people that are updating to ios 18. I personally did try to uninstall, delete all the data and reinstall but the application is still not working. As I cannot attach a text file here, I'll show a screenshot of the log from my application as i tried to log-in experiencing the same behaviour that was already presented.

vperlutchi_0-1727171551209.png

The issue is starting to get really problematic and i hope it will be solved soon.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi everyone! @vperlutchi  @streetgrover  @Ev46f  @tenders 

We understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Based on the latest update from our team, it appears that the root cause of this issue is related to a SAML setting within customers' Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Identity Provider (IdP) solutions. Here's what needs to be done:

1. For Customers Using MDM (company phone):

• Please reach out to your IT team to ensure that they are allowing the relaystate query string parameter from the mobile browser and the POST body to the IdP. This setting should help resolve the SSO issue.
  2. For Customers Not Using MDM (private phone):

• We will need a .HAR file to further investigate the issue. Your IT team can assist you in generating this file. Once you have it, please attach it to the support case for further analysis.

Best wishes,

Andras
SAP Concur

Ev46f

I’ll pass this on to the IT team at my company of 100,000 employees so that they can troubleshoot an issue with your app…….

Or……you could update your app to patch the issue. 

Ev46f

I sent this up the chain and they basically said no. They’re not going to change back end settings for over 100,000 employees because someone in the sap forum said they needed to. You guys need to acknowledge the problem and either commit to a patch timetable or send a bulletin to the IT departments directly guiding them on the changes needed