cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLovasz
Occasional Member - Level 3

Any way to allow for multiple T&E cards with different currencies under one profile?

I have a VIP who wants to have two T&E cards - each one having a different base currency.  Other than him having multiple profiles (which would violate our policies and procedures and all best practices that I know about), does anyone know how this may be possible?  Oh, and the reconciliation for the different cards lies withing different Groups in our instance.  I have the Concur Advanced Configuration Training, so I know his Profile can only belong to one Group at a time - but he is insistent that I try to figure out how to accommodate his wishes.  So, I am posting his question here to see what anyone can come up with - other than my answer of "no, you have to choose one and stay with it".  Thanks everyone!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JLovasz this question has come up before here on Community and unfortunately, what this person is asking is not possible with just having one profile. A user cannot have a company card assigned to them that has a base currency that does not match their assigned currency. 

The only ways to achieve what this person is asking are:

1. Create two profiles for this person. Although, you've already stated that isn't an option

2. Continually change the user's group and default currency when they need to submit transactions. I'm sure you do not want to do this. Also, I wouldn't tell the user that this is an option as they might ask you to do it. 

If I may ask, why is this person requesting two cards? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JLovasz this question has come up before here on Community and unfortunately, what this person is asking is not possible with just having one profile. A user cannot have a company card assigned to them that has a base currency that does not match their assigned currency. 

The only ways to achieve what this person is asking are:

1. Create two profiles for this person. Although, you've already stated that isn't an option

2. Continually change the user's group and default currency when they need to submit transactions. I'm sure you do not want to do this. Also, I wouldn't tell the user that this is an option as they might ask you to do it. 

If I may ask, why is this person requesting two cards? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JLovasz
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thank you Kevin. 

I must have phrased my topic differently as I didn't see it in the forums when I searched for it.  This is the answer I expected, but I told him I would ask to see if there was something that I was missing. 

He didn't really give a reason for wanting the two cards other than that is what he preferred.  Our instance supports a parent company and two independent entities.   He belongs to one entity, but they don't have a business presence in his home country.  So the one entity set him up with a card through the Groups in that country.  Recently, a part of his entity in Europe joined our instance and ordered T&E cards for all of their people and for him as well - but they are not in the same currency.  I think he just wants to keep both cards - one for his home country's currency and one for the general EURO currency.  I will let him know that he can't have two cards with different currencies in one Profile and since our Policy doesn't allow for multiple profiles he will have to choose which card he keeps.

Of course, there are now transactions from BOTH cards in his profile.  I will have to figure out how to process those out of Concur next...  I think I will have to clear the one card's transactions first, then switch his group so he can process a report in the other Group, and then switch him back when those are done and then he has to stay there.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Tkrussell
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have this same issue as well. Several of our employees travel between Canada and USA and require two company cards.. its a shame there wasn't a better option.