cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenB1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Amounts

What does it mean when the amounts show up in parentheses? I have been trying to figure it out and balance the totals but whatever I do gives alarms. Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DarrenB1 usually amounts in parentheses are credits or refunds (indicating a negative amount). I've also seen it denote a payment made to an account.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DarrenB1

Thank you for your response. How do i reconcile it? 

DarrenB1

@KevinD How i reconcile it so it can be submitted?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DarrenB1 I'm looking at your open expense report. I do see a negative amount transaction, but I don't see any alerts on the report, so I'm not sure if you are still having an issue or figured it out.

I also see that you previously submitted a negative amount expense on your June 2023 report. Going forward, treat credits/refunds as any other credit card charge. Just make sure there are enough other transactions on the report to have a total greater than zero.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DarrenB1

@KevinD I am not sure how a negative number was submitted as I get them to a balance of zero before i save the expense to submit. That is why I cannot figure out this parenthesis number. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DarrenB1 that's exactly what you should do. Add both the incorrect charge and the refund/credit to the same report to zero each other out.

The key is to must make sure any report you submit has a total above zero. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey