cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlipsey64
Occasional Member - Level 2

American Express Late Fees

How are you idetifying late fees to employees in Concur.  The current import of AMEX late fee details does not identify the transactions as late fees.  therefore the employee sees the late fees as "Ammerican Express Initiated Activity" with no mention of Late Fee.  How are you addressing that so the employee is aware it's imperative that they address the transaction imediately?  

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlipsey64 I think one of the best things to do is send out a corporate communication in regards to this type of charge appearing in their Available Expenses and how to handle it. 

Also, if you are on our Professional platform of SAP Concur, you can use the Email Reminder option to have the system send out an email when a user has a Late Fee.  

Do you have experience using the Email Reminder option? If not, let me know. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rlipsey64

The issue is t hat American Express does not flag Late Fee anywhere on the data.  I have been told the email notification will not work because of that.  This is a big deal for us.

Funny enough, I can see late fee all over the import logs but SA is telling me that it's not recognozed as a late fee.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlipsey64 I see. Well, sounds like your best option is to just educate your users on what to do when they see American Express Initiated as the expense. 

We see the same thing here at SAP Concur. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
chrisboth

You have to be careful here.  If you just set up an event based rule that looks for the late fee transaction type it will go back forever and email everyone that ever had a fee.  I learned the hard way and added a condition to run every day and to look at today -1.  This should keep the reminder from ever looking back or generating more than once.  

Chris

dawnweygandt

The late fees have a transaction type of LAF. We decided to not bring those into the associate's Available Expenses as our company does not pay the late fees. Each month after the Amex statements run I have a Cognos report I generate that shows me all of the associates that incurred a late fee for the previous statement period. I download that into a spreadsheet and then send out a mass email through Microsoft Word mail wizard notifying the associates that they had a late fee in the prior statement period that needs to be addressed.

rlipsey64

Reviewing the import summary the transaction type is definitely LAF.  However, reviewing the Company Card veiew the TRANSACTION TYPE =  LATE FEES.  I was able to find objects for an email notification that is set as follows:

Remail Reminder Rule: 

Comany Card >Credit Card Transaction Type >Equal >Value >LATE FEES

Since the Company Card Transaction Type and Credit  Card Transaction Type are the same, will this trigger the email notification?

mab
Occasional Member - Level 3

I run a validation of imported transactions and Amex transactions.  I have found that I can pull email address and various transaction types from Amex. I just pull the late and delinquency fees from there. That's my list, but I have access to both AmEx and Cognos.  Would like to use the wizard for a couple of different mailing I send..I'm going to try that.

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

Our Amex late fees come in with the vender showing as "No Vender Supplied" and we have adised the approvers that these are late fees from Amex and must be marked "personal do not reimburse" on the expense line so they show $0.  They are also usually a typical amount and we can run a report not only for the vender name but on the amount to check for any incorrect reimbursements.  Also, if you hover over the Amex icon, it will indicate the type of fee it was.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
kellibur01
Occasional Member - Level 3

Our program with also with AMEX, and when I hover over the credit card icon expense, the description includes the late fee note.  I found an example with a merchant of American Express Initiatied Activity that shows "LATE FEE FOR 45-DAY PAST DUE BALANCE", that is how a user can see that is it a late fee vs. other type of charge.