cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccl
Occasional Member - Level 2

Allocating an Expense Type

Can I allocate an expense type for a single charge? For example, we have an American Express corporate card tied to an employee. All of their charges are automatically imported, and the employee then assigns an expense type to it. This means they can't change the amount of the charge. In this case, an employee stayed at a hotel and also had a meal there. Can I allocate a portion of this expense to lodging, and a portion to business meals? When I try to allocate the expense, it will only let me allocate the customer:job field. I'm an admin and tried to find where I might change this setting, but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

2 Solutions
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Would you be able to use the "Itemize" tab? I think this would work for what you need.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccl @JessicaL is correct. If the meal expense was charged at the hotel and appeared on the employee's hotel bill, then they could itemize the hotel expense to include the meal. As for changing fields on allocation forms, you would need special permissions to be able to do that which entails completing our Advanced Configuration class and passing a written exam. If you want other fields to use while allocating, you will need to submit a ticket to SAP Concur Support.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Would you be able to use the "Itemize" tab? I think this would work for what you need.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
ccl

Yes, thank you, Jessica! That did exactly what I wanted it to.

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccl @JessicaL is correct. If the meal expense was charged at the hotel and appeared on the employee's hotel bill, then they could itemize the hotel expense to include the meal. As for changing fields on allocation forms, you would need special permissions to be able to do that which entails completing our Advanced Configuration class and passing a written exam. If you want other fields to use while allocating, you will need to submit a ticket to SAP Concur Support.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ccl

Thanks, Kevin. I didn't know about the itemize option, so that solved exactly what I was looking for.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccl great to hear. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
riji8128
Occasional Member - Level 1

hi

when expense a new mobile device, what type of business do we have to choose?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@riji8128 I'm not sure what you mean by "what type of business do we have to choose?" Do you mean what do you enter for a Business Purpose or are you asking for which Expense Type to choose?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
riji8128
Occasional Member - Level 1

I mean I bought a new Mobil device to be paid by company, under what category to be charged? 
ex: cellular phone, local phone, …

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@riji8128 definitely cell phone. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey