cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcombs23
Occasional Member - Level 1

Allocate to 2 companies

Is it possible to have certain employees allocated to two companies for all of their expenses? Our sales team services two of our companies and we would like to have a certain percentage charged to each company for all of their expenses. I know I can allocate on individual expenses, but our plan is to determine their allocations at the beginning of the year and keep it the same. The two companies are already listed in our list of Companies. 

4 REPLIES 4
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @kcombs23 ,

Given my experience, the short answer is NO.

I am assuming that you have two company codes and the integration posts FI documents at company code level. Involving two company codes for one claim will complicate the accounting and hence generally not possible. Employee vendor setup and payments may also lead to challenges.

Available alternatives may be

1. Setting up two profiles and setting the first profile as the delegate for the second. Employees will create two claims. One in each profile.  Challenge will be that card transactions can only be assigned to one profile (assuming there is only one card)
  2. Intercompany transfer. Setup cost objects that allow identification of expenses relevant to the second company code and post journals manually in ERP to transfer the costs.

Hope this helps.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kcombs23 could you clarify what you mean by, "determine their allocations at the beginning of the year"?

To me it sounds like you want a certain subset of employees to split their expenses between these two companies for every expense report they create, correct? Is it a 50/50 percentage split or does the percentage vary on occasion? If it varies, are you providing the employees with some sort of chart or cheat sheet to know how to do the split? Would this be the "determining their allocations at the beginning of the year"?

I'm asking because I have a decent solution that could work for you to ensure these employees are allocating, if indeed, we are using the term allocating the same way. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
kcombs23
Occasional Member - Level 1

For about 5 employees it would be split between two companies. For another group of maybe 10, it could possibly be split between up to 10 companies. We have several internal companies that our accounting tracks. For a test, I've made a favorite allocation and added it on the select individual's expense reports. We would have an East and a West allocation that would be set for the year. 

rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

****Please ignore this post. Cannot delete