cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandtp09
Occasional Member - Level 3

All Configuration Points accesible to normal users

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Guide Document for all admin-related roles in Concur and I'm trying to understand which Configuration Points in Expense are ONLY accessible to someone who is a Certified Implementation Partner. If there is a document that lays out all the Configuration points that a normal Concur User/Admin with no CIP role would have access to, that would be awesome to have.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brandtp09 normally I would have you submit this to the Partner Support Portal but since it is a Friday, my birthday and it isn't about configuring something I will leave this image here for you. 🙂

KevinD_0-1726262148125.png

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brandtp09 I can't remember if I have asked you this previously, but is your company a Certified Concur Partner? If so, do work in a capacity of a CIP?

There is a reason I'm asking, so I'll await your reply.

Thank you,
Kevin
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
brandtp09

Hi @KevinD, yes. I am also a Certified Implementation Partner doing CIP Roles for the projects that I am a part of. The reason why I brought this question up is because we are trying to build a guide document that we can leave to our clients, but I'm a little unsure as to which Configuration Points in Expense a non-CIP user would have access to.

brandtp09

Maybe this could be a better question. For those with the Expense Configuration Administrator (Restricted) role, are the following items below be something that they will be able to perform?

Key Responsibilities and Permissions

1. Expense Policies:

• Create and Edit Policies: Can set up new expense policies or edit existing ones, including defining expense types, limits, and conditions.
    • Policy Rules: Configure rules related to expense submissions, such as per diem rates, receipt requirements, and allowable expenses.
  2. Expense Report Templates:

• Template Creation: Ability to create and customize expense report templates, which define how expense reports should be structured and what information they should capture.
    • Field Customization: Adjust which fields are visible or required on the expense report forms.
  3. Approval Workflows:

• Workflow Configuration: Set up and modify approval workflows, including defining who needs to approve expense reports at various stages.
    • Approval Hierarchies: Configure hierarchical levels of approvals and routing based on different criteria (e.g., expense amount, department).
  4. User Management:

• Profile Management: Create and manage user profiles related to expense reporting. This may include assigning roles and permissions specific to expense activities.
    • Access Control: Control which users have access to various expense features and settings, ensuring that the right users have the appropriate levels of access.
  5. Expense Categories and Coding:

• Define Categories: Set up and manage expense categories that employees can use when reporting expenses.
    • Coding Structure: Configure coding structures for expenses, such as cost centers, projects, or other dimensions relevant to financial tracking.
  6. Compliance and Audit Settings:

• Compliance Rules: Set rules for compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements, including audit settings and controls.
    • Policy Enforcement: Ensure that expense reports adhere to configured policies and initiate actions or alerts for non-compliance.
  7. Reports and Analytics:

• Generate Reports: Create and access reports related to expense activities, such as spending patterns, policy compliance, and approval workflows.
    • Configure Dashboards: Set up dashboards for tracking key metrics related to expenses, though some advanced reporting features may be restricted.
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brandtp09 normally I would have you submit this to the Partner Support Portal but since it is a Friday, my birthday and it isn't about configuring something I will leave this image here for you. 🙂

KevinD_0-1726262148125.png

Thank you,
Kevin
brandtp09

@KevinD, you are awesome! I hope you had a good celebration of your birthday! 🎂😁