cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MIRANDA
Occasional Member - Level 3

Alert or Block - Expense Type Mileage or Fuel

Hello team, I hope everyone is well.

We have here in our expense types (Mileage and Fuel), but I would like to block or alert when both types of expenses are included in the report, is this possible?

Thanks

2 Solutions
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @MIRANDA 

You can certainly do this in case you have the Professional edition. You can refer to conditions and possibilities in the audit rule documentation.

In your case the alert can be on entry save. Condition can be to check if entry expense type in Mileage or Fuel and message can be with level 1(warning) or 99 (error).

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Audit_Rules.pdf

Hope this helps

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
SNLee89
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Miranda

Are you an end user or a processor?
If you are a processor and want to search for reports with 'expense types (Mileage and Fuel)' in the end users' reports, please follow these two steps:

1. Create an audit rule

• Event: Report submit
    • Conditions: If there are 'expense types (Mileage and Fuel)' in the expense entry
    • Exception: Exception Level 1 to 98 (e.g., Exception Level 77)
    • Exception Visibility: Processor
  2. Create a query on the Expense Processor view

• Conditions: If the Exception Level is 77

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @MIRANDA 

You can certainly do this in case you have the Professional edition. You can refer to conditions and possibilities in the audit rule documentation.

In your case the alert can be on entry save. Condition can be to check if entry expense type in Mileage or Fuel and message can be with level 1(warning) or 99 (error).

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/_Current/SG_Exp/Exp_SG_Audit_Rules.pdf

Hope this helps

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MIRANDA

Hi @rohanpatil 

Thank you for sharing the file on audit rules, I will study it and if I have any difficulties in developing it, I will turn to the experts.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MIRANDA so, now that @rohanpatil has let you know what you are asking is possible, the question is...How familiar are you with creating audit rules? 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
MIRANDA

Hi @KevinD 

I have already had the opportunity to modify the audit rule and after testing it was approved by the applicant.
However, in this case I was in doubt (I admit), I will read the documentation sent and if I have any difficulties I will contact SAP Concur support.
Thank you

Solution
SNLee89
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Miranda

Are you an end user or a processor?
If you are a processor and want to search for reports with 'expense types (Mileage and Fuel)' in the end users' reports, please follow these two steps:

1. Create an audit rule

• Event: Report submit
    • Conditions: If there are 'expense types (Mileage and Fuel)' in the expense entry
    • Exception: Exception Level 1 to 98 (e.g., Exception Level 77)
    • Exception Visibility: Processor
  2. Create a query on the Expense Processor view

• Conditions: If the Exception Level is 77

MIRANDA

Hi @SNLee89 

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll read about the topic a little more before applying your solution.