cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljackson
Occasional Member - Level 3

Airplus Lodging card feed help

Hello All!

We are looking to bring in our Airplus Lodge card into Concur so employees can expense their transactions.  This would be our first data feed where we do no assign a credit card to the profiles.  How does Concur handle adding transactions to an employees profile when there isn't a "linked" credit card?  The data will include the employee's ID number.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ljackson first let me preface my reply that Lodge Cards aren't my area of expertise, but I do know a little bit. I have seen from our other customers that when they are using a Lodge Card they need to decide if the card will be reconciled by one person or not. Meaning, the Lodge Card gets assigned to a single user for reconciling purpsose, even though all employees can use the card to purchase airfare. 

The other thing to consider is that with the Lodge Card if transactions are come in based on Employee ID and each users sees their transactions, you will want to set the default Payment Type of the lodge card for Airfare as Company Paid. That way users can add it to their expense report to see total cost of the trip, but not be reimbursed for the airfare since the company paid for the expense, not the employee. 

I hope this makes sense and gives you at least a little bit to go on. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear user,

Credit card transactions are fed always based on Employee ID number field.

Please consider the case, which may happen, to control of once employees change entity have cleared all their previous transactions before they get moved to an new entity in Concur, otherwise it could cause some ledger/mistmatching issues.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ljackson first let me preface my reply that Lodge Cards aren't my area of expertise, but I do know a little bit. I have seen from our other customers that when they are using a Lodge Card they need to decide if the card will be reconciled by one person or not. Meaning, the Lodge Card gets assigned to a single user for reconciling purpsose, even though all employees can use the card to purchase airfare. 

The other thing to consider is that with the Lodge Card if transactions are come in based on Employee ID and each users sees their transactions, you will want to set the default Payment Type of the lodge card for Airfare as Company Paid. That way users can add it to their expense report to see total cost of the trip, but not be reimbursed for the airfare since the company paid for the expense, not the employee. 

I hope this makes sense and gives you at least a little bit to go on. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ljackson

Thank you Kevin

This detail is very helpful!  We willnot have single persoon reconciling the transactions.  We do want the employees to submit their own transactions from the lodge card.  We will definitely confirm that the card is set as Company Paid.

Thank you

dear @ljackson 

as we are doing an implementation at my origination using also a Lodge card, I would like to know how it is going since the last 18 months within your group. 

Are the transactions feeding based on the employee ID number? how do they show on the Concur system? is it now working well? 

thank you

Alessandro

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
ljackson

@Munari_alEXPert   The rollout went very well.  As described, the Employee ID is the unique identifier to the disbursements and assignment of transactions from the credit card feed.  We were able to use a different credit card icon (this was prior to moving to the new UI) so the end user could clearly identify their lodge card transactions from their corporate card transactions.  Even now on the new UI Lodge card vs ICS is clearly identified as well.  It works pretty seamlessly.

yrojo2589

@ljackson

We are going live with a lodge card feed that is also supposed to match up using employee ID also. Hoping you could help answer some questions:

-Do you have an approx percentage of how many orphaned transactions you are receiving?

- How often do you have your feed set up? once a week? 

-Do employees get confused with e-receipts or expensit items thinking that it is a part of the feed and submit those on an expense report instead of waiting for the transaction to feed through. With the new UI the identifier is not as clear as it used to be. 

- Any pain points? 

ljackson

Our Airplus card is pretty seamless now.  The employee ID is the unique ID to link the transactions to our employee's queue.  I assigned a different icon color to the Airplus card so employees were able to clear;y identify the difference between Airplus and ICS transactions.  With the new interface the web version labels each transaction as such since the icon have been removed.  We are heavy app users which does not provide the best end-user experience for anything so we are still working through best practices.

MLDavid
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi! Is the employee ID passed on by the TMC during reservation then? Sorry.  Trying to confirm at what point this information needs to by passed and by who.