cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kallen51465
Occasional Member - Level 3

Administrative Assistant reports to two different Managers - Question on Approval

We have an administrative assistant that works for two managers and has expenses allocated to each cost center.  Is there an easy way for each manager to review and approve expenses?  One of the managers (an EVP) refuses to approve and forward the expense reports, so we're looking for an easy work-around.

Thanks for any help!

Kim Allen

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kallen51465 So, which manager is the assigned default approver or in other words, which manager sees the report first once submitted?

If it is the EVP that refuses to approve and forward, then I would suggest that the second manager be made as the approving delegate for the first manager. That way manager number 2 can see what is in the approval queue of the EVP who isn't playing nice. 🙂 With access to the EVP's approval queue, the second manager can just approve the report there.

Now, I'm saying this without knowing how your approval workflow is set up. Are you using Authorized Approvers? Is the EVP also not wanting approve at all, regardless of the forward option?

I'll await your reply and see if there is anything else I would add. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.