cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tesh94
Occasional Member - Level 3

Additional approver setup

Hi everyone, 

Existingly we already have utilized authorized approvers and cost object approvers in our Concur system. 

Our compliance has a new requirement to input a new set of approvers for expenses which then needs to route to the compliance team for review before it goes to the processor. From our existing setup, we can't change the authorized or cost object approver setup as this is being derived from our HR system (via integrations). 

Would budget approver be a possible solution for this? The scenario is as follow, we have 2 different compliance type expenses setup as 2 different budgets. 

If an employee submits a claim for two of this compliance related  expense, it will then go to 2 different budget approvers. Would this work? I would love to get some input before running it back to our team.

Regards,

tesh94

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tesh94 hello there. You pose an interesting question. 

Before trying to help you, I have a question for you. Is your compliance team allowed to approve either of the two compliance expenses or is there one compliance team who approves one of the compliance expenses and another compliance team who approves the second compliance expense type? 

I'm hoping you say that there is only one compliance team that approves both of these compliance expense types. I'll await your reply. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tesh94
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for responding. Pertaining to the approval, its typically a separate personnel who approves each respective expense type however they are part of the same team. 

If it isn't possible to route two different budgets (expense type) to two different approvers, we can try to standardize it to a single personnel who approves it.

Thanks & Regards,

tesh94

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tesh94 So, I spoke with a colleague and what you are asking for is possible without the need for Budget approval and without having to do anything with your list of Authorized Approvers and COA. 

However, explaining how to do this would be way too much to type. I'm going to send you a private message on here. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.