cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJS-68
Occasional Member - Level 1

Adding Late Fee to Expense Report

I went on a business trip in March and submitted my expense report for charges on my corporate travel card several days after I returned. I received an email today telling me that there is a $2 Late Payment Fee being charged and saw that while I had submitted my expense report, it was still in Pending Approval from my manager. That has now been approved, but I don't know how to get the Late Payment Fee taken care of. Do I need to create a new Expense Report?

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TJS-68 I would add the the fee to your next report and use the Comment field to explain that you submitted your expenses in a timely manner, therefore the fee shouldn't be your fault. As long as this wasn't your fault, the company should cover the cost. If you need documentation, you can open the report, click Report Details, then select Audit Trail. This will show you when you submitted it and when your manager actually approved it. That way others will know how long it sat in your manager's approval queue.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
TJS-68
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your response. I tried creating a new expense report for this as I don't usually have expenses and I received an error stating that late fees are not a reimbursable expense. I called the bank that issued the corporate card this was charged to and they said they couldn't do anything since it was the company and not them that put the charge on there.

Should I try to push the expense report through anyway and see what happens?  The charge itself is only $2.00, so this all seems a bit silly, but it's the principle at this point.