cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkamekawa
Occasional Member - Level 1

Add new users by overwriting import template

Hi all

I've been using the Concur template to import new users however I have been overwhelmed with all our new starters (as well as exisiting staff) who have had department changes, name changes etc. I was hoping to clear out the template and import brand new data (meaning employees will now be on a different line from the original import) so that I have everyone's details in there accurately and a more efficient process than searching each person and updating the details on their line.

I haven't done this before  and would like to know if it will cause any issues e.g. If John Smith was on line 42 in the original import template and I now have him on line 110 will that create a new user account and all his historical expenses/claims disappear? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bkamekawa I don't believe existing accounts will be affected except for the data you change. For example, if I have a user John Smith then I do a brand new import that also contains a John Smith, as long as the Employee ID and Login ID and email address haven't changed, it will not create a new user or remove their information. Their expense claims will not be affected. The system will recognize data from the import and whether it already exists as a profile and only update the things you changed, like Department. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bkamekawa

@KevinD So I have two issues as listed below

1. Employee IDs have not historically been consistent and as we have a high staff turnover, I need to update about 90% of the employee ID's to ensure that they are all coming from the same data source so in the future I can export this list and just copy + paste into the concur import template for users. 

2. Our company has also recently updated our email addresses so half of our users have the existing email addresses and half have the new ones. I am hoping to update everyone to the same email address for login ID again so in the future I can just export a list of current employees and copy + paste into the template.

Please can you advise what is the most efficient way of udating the above mentioned 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bkamekawa I'm a little unclear how the two items you mentioned are issues. I think you'll just need to take the time to fill out the Concur Import Template with all the needed data. You may have to do some manual input and depending on your HR/ERP system, you may be able to download some employee data from that system into a file and then copy and paste into the Import Template.

Once the template is filled out, you will then just use it to make updates in the future by either adding new users directly to the template then do another import or make changes to existing profiles then import the template again. 

Does this make sense?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bkamekawa

@KevinD Yes that makes sense as I have been using the import function for the past year however I have been told previously from Concur that if you re-import the file with existing users then either the email address or employee ID need to stay the same to avoid new profiles being created for the same person as concur would just read it as a new employee with the same name but different employee ID & email address. This was my confusion also as I need to update everyone's email addresses and employee IDs.. 

I'm happy to try and use the import template and update everyone's employee IDs and email addresses on there but just wanted confirmation that it wouldn't create new profiles/users 

Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bkamekawa Since login ID's are unique, then yes, you wouldn't want to change the login IDs to avoid new profiles being created for the same person. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
jtbermuda

so how do you change users employee ID's or email/logins using the import process? Or do you have to do it manually and go into each user's profile?