cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnyquist
Occasional Member - Level 1

Activating Expense Type

We have an expense type that is listed in the Expense Admin > Expense Type, but it is not showing as a selection for employees to add to their expense reports.  I don't see a difference between this type and others like it, so I am unsure how to activate this so employees can use it.  How can I get this to appear as a selection of the expense reports?

7 REPLIES 7
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rnyquist Expense Types are activated by policy, so it is possible it might not be active for the policy assigned to the users. 

Which expense type is it you are having an issue with?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
rnyquist
Occasional Member - Level 1

It's Expense Type > Charities.  See the screenshot below.

Charities.PNG

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rnyquist could you provide me two or three names of employees who are not seeing this expense type, please? It might be better to send their names in a private message. Click my username (KevinD). You'll see a blue Message button.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

If the expense type does not have an account  assigned, it won't work.  There has to be some type of account info for it to be used on a report.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nancyagfa the expense type in question wasn't active for their default policy. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Kevpat
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi @KevinD - How can I activate an expense type for a specific policy? I have gone to the policy and selected the expense type but get the below message?

Kevpat_0-1664437686644.png

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kevpat I'll need to know the expense type and policy. Also, could you provide a screenshot of the entire screen you were on when you received this message, please? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey