cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katrin
Occasional Member - Level 1

Acting as proxy - when claims are sent back

Hi, I am new this forum. Apologise if the question has been asked before:

When submitting a claim as a proxy, if sent back by the cost approver or processor, will the proxy be notified?

Thanks,

Katrin

3 REPLIES 3
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear Katrin,

welcome to the group 🙂

I am not sure if you are an administrator of the system within your company or an employee end user of the Concur system. If you are an end user, please comunicate with your Company administrator who should provide the specific support, otherwise, below my consideration.

The proxy will be notified if is set up as one of the person to receive those notifications. Generally who does expenses for other people should be only the assistants. So they should be notified if they are set up properly.

example:

The expense is for Mr A, no matter from who it get rejected.

the proxy was done by Mr B.

Mr B in order to receive notifications, will need to be set up as "expense delegate" and select the box "receives emails", under the Concur employee Admin for Mr A.

If the proxy is a Concur administrator he/she should be included as the "Expense delegate" for Mr A, however not very convenient and efficient way... If again the proxy was the concur administrator, I assume it was for some exceptional situations, so best way would be (for the concur administrator) to keep checking for expenses rejected on their list while acting as Expense Processor.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katrin Welcome to the community. As a new user I think it is important for you to know the distinction between the terms Proxy and Delegate. 

Proxy: This person is a site administrator (in most cases) that has the ability to access anyone's account even without their permission. A proxy can act on behalf of another user, but we do not recommend this. The Proxy role should be used for viewing other people's profile for troubleshooting purposes only. If you create an expense report for someone as a Proxy (again, you shouldn't be doing this) you will not be notified when the report is sent back.

Delegate: A person that you have expressly given permission and the ability to work on your behalf, including preparing and sumbitting reports and approving. Delegates will receive Sent Back notifications if the person they are the delegate for has the email notification turned on. Delegates usually are not site administrators and delegates to not have the same access to someone's profile that a Proxy does.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Kailash
Routine Member - Level 1

in simple words

if you have submitted the report via proxy, then you will not be notified.

and if you submitted the reprot as delegate and you have selected as receive mail, then you will be notified for this