cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trisha_s
Occasional Member - Level 1

Accidental Personal Charge on Company Card

I accidentally used my Company card for a personal expense. What is the process on Concur? I selected Personal Expense as expense type and checked 'Personal Charge on Corporate Card' and it's giving me alert saying "This report has a cash advance and/or personal amount due the company. Please add any out-of-pocket expenses pending or a 'Cash Advance Return' Expense Type to the report for the amount owed and send in the payment." 

When I add a second expense to the same claim selecting 'Cash Advance Return' Expense Type with the same amount and click submit claim, it says: (1) requested amount: the amount (2) total paid by company: the amount charged (3) total paid by employee: zero dollars

I am not sure if this is the correct process or if anything else needs to be done before submitting the claim. Can someone explain?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trisha_s I see you figured out the issue. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trisha_s I see you figured out the issue. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
lrwg
New Member - Level 1

I had the same issue and followed the steps to submit the report this way, however, how do we pay the company the personal expenses due? It is auto drafted from direct deposit in the same way expenses due come in (but pulling money), or do we need to manually send something in? Thanks,

omaromeish

Hi Kevin, 

I am getting the same error "This report has a cash advance and/or personal amount due the company. Please add any out-of-pocket expenses pending or a 'Cash Advance Return' Expense Type to the report for the amount owed and send in the payment." 

How did you solve this issue and submit the report? 

Thank you. 

Best, 
Omar Omeish

TheaOtt
New Member - Level 1

@KevinD what is the solution? I also receive this message:

This report has a cash advance and/or personal amount due the company. Please add any out-of-pocket expenses pending or a 'Cash Advance Return' Expense Type to the report for the amount owed and send in the payment." 

When I select Cash Advance Return, I have to fill in "Payment number" (Wire transfer confirmation number), "Issuing Bank Name" and "Amount". What is the payment number number and which issuing bank should I add? Mine or my company's?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheaOtt I'm looking at your report and it appears you filled out all the information. I would think the issuing bank would be your bank. If you aren't sure, check with your direct manager. They should be able to provide some insight. Another help option is using the help link you can see at the top of the Company Notes section on the SAP Concur Home screen. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KMRoach

This is not a solution.  What is the solution?

peterman828
New Member - Level 2

I had similar issue where i accidentally charged my corporate card for a personal uber.  I was able to change the form of payment within Uber, days later.  Uber issued a refund to corporate card.  Will Concur recognize this and discard original charge?

it did seem to recognize and i was able to delete the expense/report in order to discard event 

omaromeish

Hi Trisha, 

I am getting the same error "This report has a cash advance and/or personal amount due the company. Please add any out-of-pocket expenses pending or a 'Cash Advance Return' Expense Type to the report for the amount owed and send in the payment." 

How did you solve this issue and submit the report? 

Thank you. 

Best, 
Omar Omeish

KMRoach

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE?

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@KMRoach Thanks for posting. There are a few items mentioned above. What is your issue? If you provide details, we can see if a community member can help. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
KMRoach

Last month, I used my Corporate card on Amazon to purchase PPE for a contractor.  Somehow, my payments started defaulting to the Corp Card.  Some of the items I could return to Amazon and washed out the charges.   I already filled out an expense for those. There is one last charge that I cannot return.  I need direction on how to expense it and how to reimburse NG.

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@KMRoach Thanks for the follow up post. You should be able to check the Personal Expense check box. However, I will send you contact information to contact your Concur Admin to see how they want you to manage this last transaction. 

leedau_0-1699024754287.png

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator