cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mproler
Occasional Member - Level 1

Accepting Amex Upload in lieu of Receips

Looking to see if anyone is accepting just the Amex upload in lieu of additional receipts for expense reimbrusement.  I am looking to change our policy to state that if the corporate Amex is used no receipt is required provided they upload the charge into a report.  We would still require Hotel and Car Rental.  Wondering if anyone else does the same?

1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mproler you pose a great question. 

We will have to see what our customers reply with, but if I may play devil's advocate for a moment. It sounds like no matter what the amount of the expense is, as long as it was paid for on the corporate AMEX, you want to allow it without a receipt, with the exception of Hotel and Car. What if the charge is a large amount, for example $1000? Will that be allowed since it was paid for on the AMEX card? Also, what if the expense was not business related, but was something personal? If you don't require a receipt showing what was purchased, you could be opening yourself up to approving non-business related expenses. Lastly, what if an audit occurs? You potentially might have to justify large purchase amounts, but not have any documentation of the purchase in the form of a receipt that would show what was purchased. 

These are things I've come across since working at SAP Concur, so I wanted to pose some questions to you that I think other people may have replied with and given you some "what ifs" while thinking about a policy change. 

I've seen pretty much all of our customers require a receipt for most expenses no matter how it was purchased. I know the current IRS standard for Corporate Card charges to require a receipt is anything greater than $75 and for out of pocket, anything greater than $25. Most people feel that if it is good enough for the IRS it is good enough for them. 🙂

I hope this provides some insight/help while you think about your policy. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.