cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reedkelley09
New Member - Level 3

AMEX will not link to concur for expense feed

Im trying to link my personal AMEX to my Concur account for expense feed however every time i try to link the account, i am getting a 409 Error, Error at American Express Cards. This has been ongoing for about 2 weeks now. Any users with a similar experience or any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

To be honest, if your company has purchased Expenseit, it will give you the same benefit of having a personal card linked. However, it does offer an advantage that linking the card doesn't. Almost real time expenses. ExpenseIt can create an available expense for you in a matter of minutes (usually less than two minutes) whereas a personal card transaction will take at least three business days before it is available AND you still have to attach a receipt to it. ExpenseIt alleviates the three day waiting and the receipt attachment. 

Lastly, if you use this AMEX card for any personal expenses, those will feed into your SAP Concur profile and then you will have to delete them out of the system. It is more work for you. 

My personal opinion is to just use ExpenseIt. Now, if your company hasn't purchased expense it, you can just manually create your out of pocket expenses as soon as you incur the expense and not have to wait the three days for the transactions to upload. Sure, it is a little more data entry, but it only takes about 10-15 seconds to manually create an out of pocket expense. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
reedkelley09
New Member - Level 3

Still doesnt answer why i would be able to link other credit cards, like my Chase, but get a error with my AMEX

TheBigOne81
New Member - Level 1

This is a whole lot of verbiage that misses the point.  Why won't AMEX link?

hfeuchtw
New Member - Level 1

Several of my colleagues and I have been having same issue. Would you please answer the question directly, as opposed to offering some other proposed remedy that nobody requested? Why won't Amex card link?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

The linking of personal cards is done through a 3rd party called Yodlee. So, the issue isn't necessarily with SAP Concur. You will need to reach out to SAP Concur support and let them know your issue. SAP Concur can submit a support ticket on your behalf directly to Yodlee. 

I offered my solution as something to do in the mean time while the issue is persisting and something that is a much faster method. 

I hope this helps. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.