cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VickyMaz
New Member - Level 1

2FA barcode request

How do I resend the 2FA QR code to a new user.

I have sent them a full invite but nothing is generating a barcode so they can't log on and use the app

3 REPLIES 3
mcnerney
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @VickyMaz 

What do you have in settings for 

Authentication Admin > Sign-In Settings > Others > Other miscellaneous policies? (e.g. "Require users to receive an email link to set up two-factor authentication"?)

Another possibility is that the user is on the AWS email suppression list. In my experience this requires a Case to Concur Support to have them removed from the suppression list (1 user per Case--no possibility by SAP Concur to do this in bulk is what Support has stated--subject to change, of course)

Another possible solution is to click "Reset MFA" on their record.

Thanks!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@VickyMaz I don't believe the invite is related to the 2FA QR code. Once the user goes to the sign in screen and begins the sign in process, they should see the option to set up 2FA. However, @mcnerney did bring up a good point that your site might be set to the option where the sets up 2FA by receiving an email. Most likely this is the issue as I believe when the email option was launched, it was set as the default setting.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

The Admin has to turn off the email option in the company settings or it will default to that.  I had to turn off as I have approvers outside of the US that just approve and getting the emails was going to be difficult because most don't have verified emails in Concur.

Nancy Murray
Agfa