cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grodriguezproje
Super User
Super User

2F Authentication with browser option (Useful for Test Users)

Hi all, 

I want to share a small guide that i think is useful for Administrator that are using several Test users in their daily work.

GETTING THE MANUAL CODE FROM CONCUR

1- After having typed in the user and password, the first time you may encounter the following screen:

grodriguezproje_1-1721995511869.png

2- Then you will a receive this email (the email address is the one that is set up for the test user) where you need to click on Set Up Two-Factor Authentication button, this will lead you to the page where you need type your password again 

grodriguezproje_2-1721995707501.png

3- After having typed the password, you may encounter the following screen to get the manual code.

Click on Show Manual setup key and then you will see the key that you need to copy and save it in a secure place if you need to share the test user credentials with someone else, also to later paste it in the Secret field within the Authenticator App. Please see below the instructions how to install the Authenticator App and adding new accounts.

grodriguezproje_3-1721995988547.png

HOW TO INSTALL THE AUTHENTICATOR AND ADDING NEW ACCOUNTS

1- Go to Chrome store to search for the Authenticator software/extension with the link below, this app is working also with Firefox and Edge.

Chrome Web Store (google.com)

grodriguezproje_6-1721996461407.png

2- Click on GET

grodriguezproje_8-1721996546899.png

3- Add Extension

grodriguezproje_10-1721996719251.png

4-Click on Extension and then click on the icon to pin the authenticator to the browser for easy access. 

grodriguezproje_11-1721996821067.png

5- Click on the pencil and then in the plus (+) symbol to add a new account 

grodriguezproje_12-1721996855086.png

6- Click on manual entry, then type in the Issuer field, your preferred name to identify your new account for example Willian Concur account and in the Secret Field paste the code (Key) that you got from the Concur website when you log in for the first time.

grodriguezproje_13-1721996880442.png

7-After adding the new account, you will get the codes that you need to use every time that you need login in Concur after typed in the user and password in the field Authentication code 

grodriguezproje_14-1721996896997.png

I hope this helps 😎

CC: @KevinD 

2 REPLIES 2
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grodriguezproje good information and thank you for sharing. Come August 17th, this will no longer be needed as we are implementing an option to sign in via an emailed link, which would bypass the need for 2FA. But until then, this will help some users, I'm sure.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
RafaBCD
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thanks Gustavo, good tip, great work as always !!!