cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkoplitz
Occasional Member - Level 1

2 questions: Expense double charged and refunded once, uber multiple charges.

Hello,

First question:

A hotel charged my account twice accident and refunded once.

Can I just delete one of the expense items and the refund item from the expense report since they zero out?

I uploaded the receipt to one of the transactions and cannot copy it to the extra one.  Furthermore I no longer have the hard copy, nor do I have a receipt for the refund.

Second question.

Uber has left a bunch of pending transactions on my expense report.  It is clear that these are from:

1. Ride

2. Tip

3. Total of ride plus tip

Numbers 1 and 2 of the Uber ride still show as pending.  Will they eventually disappear from the report? Should I just delete them and file the report with those items removed?  Not sure if I should wait to file the report or if they won't disappear.

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wkoplitz see my answers inline in red.

Can I just delete one of the expense items and the refund item from the expense report since they zero out?

I uploaded the receipt to one of the transactions and cannot copy it to the extra one.  Furthermore I no longer have the hard copy, nor do I have a receipt for the refund. Do not delete the incorrect charge and the refund. They do zero out, but credit card transactions usually are not allowed to be deleted so they must be on a report. As for the receipt, you should have the original image file saved somewhere, correct? How did you upload the receipt image into SAP Concur? Did you email it to: receipts@concur.com or did you take a picture of it using the mobile app? 

Also, you may not need a receipt for the incorrect charge since it isn't being reimbursed. If the system requires one, try using the Missing Receipt Affidavit (Declaration) or write up an explanation, screenshot it and attach.

Second question.

Uber has left a bunch of pending transactions on my expense report.  It is clear that these are from:

1. Ride

2. Tip

Numbers 1 and 2 of the Uber ride still show as pending.  Will they eventually disappear from the report? Should I just delete them and file the report with those items removed?  Yes, do exactly that. They will not automatically fall off the report. Not sure if I should wait to file the report or if they won't disappear.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wkoplitz see my answers inline in red.

I uploaded the receipt to one of the transactions and cannot copy it to the extra one.  Furthermore I no longer have the hard copy, nor do I have a receipt for the refund. Do not delete the incorrect charge and the refund. They do zero out, but credit card transactions usually are not allowed to be deleted so they must be on a report. As for the receipt, you should have the original image file saved somewhere, correct? How did you upload the receipt image into SAP Concur? Did you email it to: receipts@concur.com or did you take a picture of it using the mobile app? 

Also, you may not need a receipt for the incorrect charge since it isn't being reimbursed. If the system requires one, try using the Missing Receipt Affidavit (Declaration) or write up an explanation, screenshot it and attach.

Second question.

1. Ride

2. Tip

Numbers 1 and 2 of the Uber ride still show as pending.  Will they eventually disappear from the report? Should I just delete them and file the report with those items removed?  Yes, do exactly that. They will not automatically fall off the report. Not sure if I should wait to file the report or if they won't disappear.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
wkoplitz

Hi Kevin,

I took a photo of the hotel receipt using the app, but then I seem to have misplaced the original receipt.

Is there a way to download the receipt image I took using the app and re-upload it for the extra charge?

Thanks for your help!

wkoplitz

Kevin, Thanks for your help!