cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcied
Occasional Member - Level 1

Receipt via Photo Album Issue

The most recent update has now made the receipt via photo album difficult to use.  When I choose this option, it goes to the pictures in the album that are at the beginning of my album (6 years ago) not the most recent.  I have to scroll my 12,000+ pictures to find the recent receipt.   Expense ELT has not worked for me as it still does not read the receipts and is wrong most of the time with matching.  Please bring back the camera option or fix this issue.  I hate the app right now, it used to be so much easier.  

17 REPLIES 17
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there. In your post, what do you mean by, "bring back the camera option"?

I do not take pictures of receipts just by using the built in iPhone camera app. I always open SAP Concur mobile first and capture receipts with either the ExpenseIt option or I open a line item on my report and add the receipt by taking a picture of it. That way the photo does not go into my photo album. As I see it, if I'm going to take out my phone for a receipt capture, I might as well go into the SAP Concur Mobile app because it is a couple less steps to capture a receipt right to a line item. This alleviates me having to take a picture, save it to my camera roll, go to the Mobile App, then add receipt from Camera roll. That's just what I have found to be most efficient for me. Also, I'v heard feedback from our customers that they don't want their receipt capture pictures to take up space in their camera roll so they prefer to capture receipts directly in the app. 

If you could clarify your "bring back the camera option" statement, I might be able to give you some tips. 🙂 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Daniellim
New Member - Level 1

Hello,

I face the same issue! To put it simply, when we choose to import from camera roll, the app SHOULD default to sort by the most recent photos at the top. It used to do this and all was fine. 

With the latest update, it defaults to the oldest photos at the top, which is a real pain. I now have to switch to the “recently added” album, scroll to the bottom and select that. An extra 30 secs per receipt. 

I use this for receipts captured via screenshot from another app that is not integrated with concur. If you have another solution, I’m happy to learn it. 

Thanks 

Daniellim
New Member - Level 1

Additional suggestions:

1. Allow photo previews using a “hard press”, like in the iOS photos app. Or a “Long press” in the android world.

2. Save the position when users select a receipt image, so that when they realise they need to replace the image they can go “back” right to their previous position in the album and locate the correct image quickly from there.    

These will reduce us having to Guess the correct receipt, and restart the whole process of locating the image if we choose wrongly. Ie scrolling from the start of my camera album. 

farmfly
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hello @KevinD,

I capture a lot of receipts by taking a screenshot.  Starbucks, Marriott, Hilton, Lyft etc.   I also take a picture of my itemized receipt at the hotel to add to my hotel expense when I check out.  So, I’m ALWAYS using this feature and so are many others.   This needs to get fixed ASAP!!!!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Another option for receipt capture to avoid going into your phone's photo album if you are not keen on using ExpenseIt is to turn off ExpenseIt in the mobile app. That way you can still use the camera icon on the mobile app homescreen, but instead of it sending to ExpenseIt it will place the image in your Receipt Store within the app itself. This will avoid having to go to your phone's camera roll. Then you can just pull the images from the Receipt Store to assign to your expense line items.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
farmfly

Hello @KevinD

I'm still using the old ExpenseIt app where they have it set to show the most recent pictures right away.  This is getting me through most of my expenses without scrolling through the whole camera roll.  If I have to add another receipt in the Concur Mobile app, I spend 30 seconds scrolling down through my pictures.  Hopefully they will fix the issue soon.  I don’t have access to Admin Support to report.  

Is the app dev team aware of the the issue?  If so, any timeframe on a fix? 

olesam

I've also noticed the same issue with oldest photos listed first and find it very frustrating. When traveling outside my home country I don't have data access on my phone so I don't trust the Concur app to store the photo properly without network access, which is why I use the iPhone camera to take the photo. 

Using the Add Reicept - From Library function is the way I import most receipts into Concur. At a minimum it should default to sorting newest photos first (this needs to be fixed ASAP). Adding an image preview function  (as another commenter suggested) and ideally a multiple select option would be incredibly helpful! Thanks for your consideration.

ClayT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Good tips @KevinD!

@marcied - The best thing to do for this issue would be to submit a Support Case through Admin Support (Authorized Support Contacts can do this). Include which app, phone version, etc. to help them understand the challenge.

- Clay Thompson @ SAP Concur
cathi

Same issue for me. Not always pratical for me to add receipt to an expense straight away. Now a real pain having to scroll through my entire photo album to add receipt later.

Ssitek

Help!  This is a major pain. Please supply a practical solution or push an update. I tried again but I have to sort through 60,000 photos to get to my receipt photo. Please please please send a practical solution

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Ssitek,

This was a known issue and has been fixed with the new Concur app version 9.63. Kindly update or uninstall/reinstall your app to the 9.63 version and test again.

Regards,

Anna Dizo
Global Service & Support
SAP Concur

cathi

I’ve also updated my app and still having issues with it going to oldest photos first

Mariecsim
New Member - Level 1

I am still experiencing this problem on dec 5th 2018. 

I have to scroll through all my photos in order to get to the latest ones comprising the images I captured. 

I cannot always wait to be doing my expense report to capture the images so I capture them as they come during the 2 weeks in between reports, and use the album photos to capture the receipt. 

Many plans to fix the issue? What was once an awesome app has become much harder to use 

farmfly

A new update was just released and this issues wasn’t fixed.  It’s a really easy issue to fix too.  Is the app dev team aware of this issue?  

AnnaDizo
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@farmfly,

Can you confirm that you are already using the 9.63 app version and the issue on older photos appearing first still exist?

Regards,

Anna Dizo
Global Service & Support
SAP Concur

farmfly

@AnnaDizo

I’m using 9.63 and the problem still exists.  I deleted and reinstalled 9.63 and the problem is still present.  

Are you seeing newest photos first with this release?

farmfly

@AnnaDizo

Hi Anna,  

9.63.1 was just released and I’m still having the same problem that 9.63 was.  I deleted the app and reinstalled.  Is there something else I can do to get this working?