cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgayathri
Occasional Member - Level 3

Notification post processing expense reports

Is there an option to send notifications post-processing the expense reports. There are cases wherein we want to notify an employee to make corrections in future reports.

For example: If an employee selects an incorrect expense type(Low Impact from GL and Policy perspective) which should be notified as an awareness, Instead of sending an email through outlook. 

Gayathri S
1 REPLY 1
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sgayathri to accomplish what you are asking is going to take a bit of work on your part. I'll try and break it down as succinctly as I can. Keep in mind, this is merely a suggestion and someone else here on the forum may have another method, but in conferring with a colleague, we think this is the most efficient option. Here is what you would need to do:

1. Create a new custom field that is only available to be edited by your expense processors. It would need to be probably a drop down list with two options; Yes and No. The name of the field will have to be something like Expense Type Updated? 

2. Once this field is created, then you create an Email reminder with the following rule conditions:

• Data Object/Operator = Entry
  • Field/Value = Your new custom field
  • Equals should be set to Yes.

For the reminder itself, you can customize the message. Here is where you will need to come up with some generic verbiage letting the user know they have selected an expense type incorrectly. I'm not sure how to word this because there are so many different ways a user could choose the wrong expense type. This is something you'll have to figure out internally on how you want to tell the user they need to choose the correct expense type in the future. 

The reminder should be set to send Once when condition is met. 

Now, for the processors, they will need to use this new custom field when they are reviewing reports. If the user has the wrong expense type selected, then the Processor would select Yes from the new custom field. Then they need to save the entry. Once saved and fully reviewed, they can approve the report. 

I don't know how you want to handle it when a user has several expenses with the wrong expense type, but in your email reminder message, you may be able to use the replacement token of %4% to list the records that meet the condition of the new custom field being set to Yes. 

Now, neither my colleague or myself have tested this. So, I would highly recommend that you have some test users in your site to test this out. Keep in mind that if you submit an expense report that it only shows up in the  Processor queue of a test processor. So, you need to make sure you have a separate Test User account with Processor permissions. Also, the email address of the test user that submits the report needs to be a real email address.

I hope this helps. Let me know if this makes sense or you need something clarified. Oh, one last thing. Creating a new custom field is restricted to users unless they have taken the appropriate training, otherwise the new custom field would need to be created by SAP Concur. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.