alessin11
Occasional Member - Level 2

NextGen UI: Quick Expenses feature?

Has anyone heard if a feature similar to Quick Expenses in the current UI will be made available in NextGen? The is a feature our travelers use often, especially for mileage.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Re: NextGen UI: Quick Expenses feature?

Hi, @alessin11! Currently, there is no plan to recreate the Quick Expense experience in the new UI. Our research showed it was very rarely used and when it was used, it often created more errors for the end user (making the overall process more time-consuming). Now, your travelers will experience a change where instead of opening a window to enter several lines at a time, they will be clicking Add Expense for each trip (mileage expense). The single page that opens is designed for simplicity and accuracy ensuring less errors.

Rest assured that we continue to watch the overall time spent in the tool--including time spent resolving errors--in order to make the process quicker for you AND your travelers. To that end, I'd love to hear more about how your travelers are "used to doing it."

Especially as it pertains to mileage, I want to make sure they know some of the other methods available and I want to equip you with whatever materials might exist for supporting them.
Jody Wilkins
Product Communications at SAP Concur
Highlighted
alessin11

Hi @Jody,

Thanks for your quick reply. The main reason why our travelers use the Quick Expenses feature is so they can enter multiple company/perosnal car mileage trips quickly at once. For example if a Sales employee does an expense report once every 2 weeks, they may end up needing to enter separate lines for 20 different trips . Entering these one by one in the new UI will be much more cumbersome as opposed to using the Quick Expenses method.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Four things, @alessin11:

1. What an advocate you are for your employees! Clearly, you are on the traveler's side! (You and I have this in common...=-)
  2. I'm not allowed to share actual numbers, but let's just say the number of users that used Quick Expense was really, really small. And of that really, really small number, a big amount of them were only submitting a single expense! I know these are not your people. I just want you to know.
  3. In terms of the overall process, "Quick Expense" was a bit of a misnomer. I'm sure your employees did them accurately the first time with no errors. But...if even one or two of them didn't, getting the errors resolved added to the overall time that includes steps you or their manager has to invest in any one expense report. Some of the contributing factors to the design of the new page include ensuring that the employee is entering the right information according to your policy, time on task, accuracy the first time, and the feelz. <--Non-technical term for "do you FEEL complete now?"
  4. We--and by "we," I mean you and I and your travelers--are in the early stage of the NextGen pilot. Your observations about the experience your travelers are having has not gone unnoticed. Without promising that Santa will arrive by the end of September (even though I believe he will), the best I can type right now is "stay tuned."
Jody Wilkins
Product Communications at SAP Concur
alessin11

Hi @Jody,

Thanks for your detailed feedback. If you hear anything else on this topic, please share Smiley Wink

Best Regards,

Alex

Rachel

I wish I'd taken this question to this community board first. I submitted a case to support with this exact same question ("will quick expenses become available in the new UI?") and it took 2 full weeks to get a response... Lesson learned.