cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alessin11
Occasional Member - Level 2

NextGen UI: 2 Views for Approvers

It's my understanding that Line Managers will bascially have two different "views" of expense reports: the new UI when completing their own reports, and the current UI when viewing/approving the reports of their employees. Is my understanding correct? This is an added wrinkle when it comes to training employees who will be new to Concur entirely for instance.

1 Solution
Solution
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

For now, that behavior is correct, @alessin11. The current focus will continue to be on the end user experience. Over time, the Approver and Processor experience will begin to become more consistent as well.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@alessin11

Hello again, hello.

The NextGen Expense UI enhancements are focused on the new, infrequent end user (filing their own reports). Then - after General Availability of these improvements - the focus will move toward the Approver's experience and then the Processor's.

I want to make sure you get the most accurate information possible. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question/concern, I'll need more information.

Let me know how I can help.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select Accept as Solution so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alessin11

Hi @Jody,

With the new UI preview turned on, as a traveler who is also an approver:

- When I start my own report, I see the new UI

- When I'm reviewing one of my employee's reports to approve under the Approvals tab, when in the report I see the current UI.

This behavior is normal, correct? As an approver, when the new UI is live, I'll still see the old UI when viewing my employees' reports for approval?

Thanks,

Alex

Solution
Jody
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

For now, that behavior is correct, @alessin11. The current focus will continue to be on the end user experience. Over time, the Approver and Processor experience will begin to become more consistent as well.

Thank you,
Jody Wilkins
alessin11

Gotcha - thanks, Jody!

Jonathan_Evans
Occasional Member - Level 1

Since these replies were made in 2018, is there an updated timeline of when we can start to see improvements on the approver and processer sides?  I find that I occassionally have to proxy as the end user to see if an entry is correct, especially when dealing with foreign currency and conversion rates, but other things, as well.  Thank you.

tallberel

I would be one who would like to see the new interface for Approvers sooner that later. It will make approving so much faster to have everything on one page, and the receipt right there to see. Plus, clicking the arrows at the top to go from entry to entry. This would cut approvals in half, especially for companies like mine, where we have to go through everything with a fine-toothed comb.