cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Occasional Member - Level 1

Match multiple card transactions to a single e-receipt?

I'm familiar with doing a match between a card transaction and a receipt where the matching hasn't happened automatically. However, I have the following scenario:

• 25 night hotel stay
    • Hotel posts a charge to the corporate card every 7 days
    • Hotel issues an e-receipt at end of stay which covers the 25 nights
  • The manual match only supports 1:1 matching

Have I missed some functionality where I can match the 4 card transactions (imported from the corporate card provider) to the single e-receipt or do I just scan the paper bills associated with each 7 days and discard the e-receipt?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything in regards to matching mutliple card transactions to a single e-receipt. It isn't something that can be done. You will have to take pictures of the multiple pages of the receipt as you mentioned. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything in regards to matching mutliple card transactions to a single e-receipt. It isn't something that can be done. You will have to take pictures of the multiple pages of the receipt as you mentioned. 

Kevin

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
james

Thanks Kevin, if there's an opportunity for this functionality to go on the product backlog it could be useful (I've no idea how common this scenario is). Maybe something like

Given I am a Concur Expense user
And I have a receipt for $1000
And I have card transactions
When I select all these line items
And all card transactions are for the same merchant
And the sum of the card transactions equal the receipt amount
Then the UI will show a 'Match' button
And allow me to associate all these card transactions with one receipt

yazidshahrol

Hi may I know are this problem solved.

I also facing this issue for hotel that required me to pay upfront..

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Under the NextGen Expense UI, you have a new option (if you turn it on for your organization) - linking multiple expenses to the same receipt image within the same report.

ReuseImage.PNG

debhoist

Please advise of navigation to "turn on" the  linking multiple expenses to the same receipt image within the same report. I presume it would be in the Receipt handling Option. However, such an option does not appear to be visible.

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Concur Expense does not support linking multiple card transactins to one e-receipt. You can link the e-receipt to one of the card transactions so that your company benefits from the additional information.  The other 4 card transactions would need to be separate expenses, with supporting documentation to comply with your company policy such as a receipt image.

Under NextGen Expense UI, there is an option to link multiple expenses on the same report to one user-provided receipt image.  This option would need to be enabled for the company under Expense Administration - Site Settings. 

debhoist

According to Concur Support, this is only available in Professional version of Concur.

yazidshahrol

Hi, May I know is this feature to to combine multiple transaction in 1 receipt already available.

I also facing the same proble which for long stay hotel or car rental they request to pay upfront then pay the reamining after check out.

@yazidshahrol our newest UI platform was launched about a year ago, so this should be available. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
yazidshahrol

This feature to combine multiple transaction into single receipt or cater problem for 1 receipt with multiple transaction

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@yazidshahrol Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. This is something that is currently not configured for your company. I would recommend reaching out to your Concur Administrator for further assistance. 

I will send you a Private Message on how to contact your Concur Administrator. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator