cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Business Meals with Attendees

How are others using the expense type "Business Meals with Employee Attendees"? Are you using this expense type only when employees are on a business trip and one person picks up the meal tab? Or are you also using this when a Manager takes out their entire dept out for a meal and if so, are you mandating that all employees who attended be added to the expense details? What if there are more than 20 employees?

This question comes from our LinkedIn group.

9 Replies
acastro
Occasional Member - Level 1

Re: Business Meals with Attendees

Hi Renee- What is the name of this LinkedIn group?

MGordon
Occasional Member - Level 3

We don't have that expense type.  We use Business meals and require that the attendees are listed.  Employees are already loaded and available to select, these all have Employee as the attendee type.  If they add an outside person, they may need to create the new attendee, but must select the attendee type (provider, business guess, client, etc).  So, either way the same expense type is used.

tstagliano

yes we use this expense type and allow the users to search for active employees so they can be added to the attendee list as well as adding attendees from an outside company

Thomas Stagliano, M.I.T.
PamSciarra

We require this expense type to be used for any meal that has more than one attendee.  This includes meals taken while traveling, entertaining and staff appreciation.  We like it because it captures who else was at the meal, especially if need to start researching any possible abuse.

For meals where there are lots of attendees, the attendee list can be uploaded (although it is tricky.) 

astewart1
Occasional Member - Level 2

For Business Guess what information is required in your set up? With GDPR guidelines coming into force in Europe then having the Business Guest email address as an identifier would require permission from the Data Subject eg Business Guest which I am struggling to get my head round how we would implement

mattieyallaly

We use several different Meal expense codes. Meal-Clients are for those meals where clients are involved (all attendees must be listed including our own employees). We also have Meals-Groups for when it is only our own employees meeting together. All attendees must also be listed.

LisaS86

We allow our employees to use this expense type for both situations and also for when they are meeting with outside business contacts. Our policy states the time, date and location must be disclosed along with the topic of Business discussed and all attendees should be included. For large groups, an Excel attendee import template is available to easily add multiple attendees. If it is a departmental meal, we suggest using the Internal Staff Meeting expense type where they list the managers in attendance and then upload the meeting invite or excel list of attendees as an additional receipt image.
Lisa Sturrock
Volkswagen Group
Expense Report Administrator and Auditor
DWHeppner
New Member - Level 1

I work for Microsoft and I am notseeing this as one of my options.  What is the Expense Type we need to use for Business Meals with Employee Attendees?

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

This is most likely a custom expense type someone created. The default expense type Concur supplies is Business Meal (attendees). So, you probably have this expense type, but not one specifically that says Business Meal with Employee Attendee. You can use the default expense type we give you and just use the Advanced Search option to add fellow employees as attendees.